Events and Festivals in Indianapolis
- May: The Indy 500 is an automobile race held annually at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway which attracts a crowd of more than 50,000 spectators. Motorheads rejoice! A major Indianapolis event!
- June: Wineries from all over Indy come together for the Vintage Indiana Wine and Food Fest. Food, wine, music and cooking classes—is this not a glutton’s dream?
- July: The Indianapolis International Film Festival is held in mid-July and is one of the most prominent festivals in Indianapolis. Lectures, meetings and of course movie screenings are all part of the deal. Another event held in July is the Indiana Black Expo where African-Americans come together to celebrate their culture and heritage.
- August: Indianapolis celebrates German culture with the Oktoberfest. Beer, German food, German cultural exhibitions, live music—it’s all there. Partei!
- August also witnesses the biggest summer festival of them all—the Indiana State Fair. Arts and crafts, rides, and a huge measure of environmentalism for the attendees; Indianapolis travel guide recommends experiencing this event on your visit!
- September: If you want your dose of beautiful classical music, September witnesses the annual International Violin Competition bringing in talented violinists from all over the world.
- Another big event during September is the Indy Jazz Fest. You simply cannot ignore an event where blues heroes like James Brown, Ray Charles and BB King have performed, can you?
- October: Halloween is a big deal in Indy as they celebrate the Irvington Halloween Festival this time of year.
Trip plans for Indianapolis
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Indianapolis
Indianapolis Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Indianapolis
James Bomb Mission in IndianapolisNew on TripHobo
Duration: 1 Hrs 30 Mins
Clocks, locks and secret passages! You and your small-group (10 guest max) team are locked in a fully themed room with two go...Book Now
Self-Guided Indianapolis Scavenger HuntNew on TripHobo
Duration: 3 Hrs
Fifteen clues, two hours, one city - this is a self-led scavenger race that sends groups capering around town to solve clues....Book Now
- Events & Festivals in Bloomington
- Events & Festivals in Kokomo
- Events & Festivals in Cincinnati
- Events & Festivals in Fort Wayne
- Events & Festivals in Louisville
- Events & Festivals in Michigan City
- Events & Festivals in Dunkirk
- Events & Festivals in Lexington
- Events & Festivals in Countryside
- Events & Festivals in Miami
- Events & Festivals in Los Angeles
- Events & Festivals in New York City
- Events & Festivals in Chicago
- Events & Festivals in Las Vegas
- Events & Festivals in San Francisco