Indianapolis Museum Of ArtCurrently Closed
- Address: 4000 Michigan Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46208, United States
- Timings: 11:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-3179231331
- Ticket Price: 18 USD
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museum, Family And Kids
Indianapolis Museum Of Art - Review
This museum is the 9th oldest and 8th largest encyclopedic museum in the US. This museum was established as the Art Association of Indianapolis in 1883.
The exhibits you can look for here are-
- The permanent collection of arts and sculptures including African, American, European and Asian pieces. The important ones comprise of the Neo- Impressionist paintings, Japanese paintings of the Edo period, Chinese works of ceramics and bronzes, notable works of Paul Gauguin and the Pont Avent School, a large collection of A.M.W. Turner and a lovely contemporary art collection. The other fields showcased include textiles, fashion arts and modern designs.
- 100 Acres: Virginia B. Fairbanks Art and Nature Park- This estate includes wetlands, woodlands, lakes and hiking trails. An exploration along these will also include a look into the open air contemporary art collection.
- Oldfields Lilly House and Gardens- It is a historic estate and a house museum. This was the house of the famous businessman, collector and philanthropist named J.K. Lilly, Jr.
- Miller House and Gardens- This is a mid- century modern house that belonged to an American industrialist, collector and architect named J. Irwin Miller and his wife.
- Westerley- This is a 4 storey mansion that once belonged to Dr. George H. A. Clowes and his wife Edith and their sons. The mansion consists of 20 rooms, a carriage house, a green house and beautiful lawns.
Indianapolis Museum Of Art Information
- The IMA Cafe and Museum Store are open duringregular museum hours.
- There are drink fountains, a café and a museum store here but outside food and drinks are not allowed.
- Big backpack, luggage and big umbrellas are not allowed.
- Photography without flashlight is allowed except where prohibited. Photography and videos for commercial purposes are not allowed.
- Do not touch any piece of art here.
- Audio tours are available here.
- Keep your phones in the silent mode and please do not receive calls when you are inside the museum.
- Museum is wheelchair accessible.
- Wifi is free here.
- They have a public phone facility here.
- First aid rooms, strollers, lockers and family restrooms are also available.
Indianapolis Museum Of Art Ticket Prices
- IMA Members- FREE.
- Ages 5 & under- FREE.
- Children ages 6-17- $10.
How To reach Indianapolis Museum Of Art by Public Transport
- Bus number 34 till Michigan Street and 38th Street.
Restaurants Near Indianapolis Museum Of Art
- IMA Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Indianapolis before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Indianapolis and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Indianapolis Museum Of Art
31.78% of people who visit Indianapolis include Indianapolis Museum Of Art in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
73.17% of people start their Indianapolis Museum Of Art visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Indianapolis Museum Of Art
92.56% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Indianapolis Museum Of Art
People normally also visit Children's Museum Of Indianapolis while planning their trip to Indianapolis Museum Of Art.
Indianapolis Museum Of Art Trips
Indianapolis Museum Of Art, Indianapolis Reviews
This place is a magical experience. Three floors of awe-inspiring exhibits await you inside. Outside, the stunning and immaculate landscaping leaves you truly awe-struck with its beauty. Included in admission is access to the Lily estate. Admission is nearly $20 for the day, So I went ahead and spend $80 for a year-long pass which allows me to bring a guest as well. More than worth it to get the season pass!
Gorgeous art and friendly staff. I visited here to help set up for an event with my job and the staff were all asking what they could do to help. Everyone was very outgoing and great to talk to. The building is covered in beautiful pieces of all sorts of materials as well. Overall was a great experience.
Just a wonderful art museum. We really liked the family day on Saturday that was Indian themed. The music and dancing was great. My 2 year old was fascinated by the children's area. The sequined canvases were such a good idea. Newfields is a great place. I recommend to anyone who lives in Indy or just visiting as I was.
What a wonderful Museum! It was well worth the time and the Uber ride to get there! The exhibits are beautiful and I never expected such a large variety of art. It is very eclectic. The restaurant has delicious food as well!
The IMA is an amazing place. I recommend getting a tour of Newfields (their grounds) because it is so educational. This place has so much history - the old houses, the architecture, the MANSION, the gardens, the trees, the groves, the old cars, the story of the family who lived there - it’s all so fascinating and captivating to view and learn about.