Are you looking for what to do in Indianapolis?
PLACES TO SEE
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway Hall of Fame: It is the famous tourist place of Indianapolis where the popular Indianapolis 500 is held every year. The Hall of Fame holds 75 best racing cars. It is said that this place holds the world’s largest collection of classic, antique and racing cars.
- Indianapolis Museum of Art: It is one of the oldest art museums of Indianapolis having collection of amazing 50,000 artworks like contemporary art, European art, Asian art, African art, Textile art and so on.
- White River State Park: It’s a 250-acre expansive park, located in the center of downtown Indianapolis. At the west side of the park, Indianapolis zoo and White River Gardens are located. Towards the east, Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art are located. Connecting across the White River, the famous Old Washington Street Pedestrian Bridge is located.
- Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library: It is one of the places to see in Indianapolis and a popular museum. It was build to pay homage to Author Kurt Vonnegut and the museum holds collection of his Pall Mall cigarette, Purple Heart medal and so on.
- Indiana War Memorial: It is also one of the popular sightseeing of Indianapolis. It’s a seven block district featuring Neo classical memorial that includes all the documents of US wars.
- Indianapolis Zoo: It is one of the great places for weekend gateway in Indianapolis if you are travelling with your family. The underwater dolphin viewing dome, the plains, the forests, red pandas, white- handed gibbons, Alaskan brown bears and many more things are there to see in this zoo.
THINGS TO DO
- Indianapolis has some great parks adorning the city and you can pack a picnic and make a day out of it at any of them. Verdant trees and relaxed environment are perfect for a great family time. You can plan a picnic to White River state Park, Eagel Creek Park, Garfield Park, Holiday Park!
- Catch a motor racing game or participate in one at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- Sports lovers can go for a basket ball game, baseball game, watch Izce Skating or go crazy playing Paint ball!
- Indianapolis has some great nightlife and there are many theatres hosting great shows regularly. You can also watch a performance at the American Cabaret Theatre on your trip to Indianapolis.
- For Shopping in Indianapolis, Broad Ripple Village is the one-stop destination to buy funky, up-town hippie stuff.
- Eiteljorg Indian Market: It is the largest festival of the Midwest, celebrated in Indianapolis, celebrating Native American history and culture. It is held in late June.Indiana State Fair: Held in the middle of August, it is the biggest summer event of Indianapolis. You get to see live music shows and concerts out here.
Below we have a list of things to do in Indianapolis and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Indianapolis getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Indianapolis with confidence.