Visit Innsbruck - Best of Innsbruck
The quintessential European town, Innsbruck is one the most beautiful towns you’ll ever come across. Innsbruck knows how to make to the best of its weather cycles and that definitely goes in the town’s favour. That however, isn’t the only enticing factor- from anywhere in the town, you’ll always catch a glimpse of the Nordkette Alps, making scaling any vantage point like the Town Tower worth the climb.
A little piece of trivia, the town of Innsbruck has something for everyone and the best part is that you can unabashedly indulge in them without giving it the stigma of a ‘cliche’. The Imperial Palace or the Royal Church Court will make you want to time travel and life in the 16th century, the Schloss Ambras will have you wishing for a lover who would go the lengths of transforming a fortress into a castle for his beloved and the nightlife will make you want to stay in Innsbruck forever.
Innsbruck Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Innsbruck tips for your visit
- Whenever you enter a shop or a restaurant there will be someone who will welcome you with a greeting. Always greet them back and if the opportunity allows, be the first to greet them, with a simple hello or a good morning. Good manners go a long way with the Austrians.
- You will come across many dogs on the streets being walked by their owners and many a times you might want to pet them. Always, always ask for the owner’s consent before you pet the dog.
- Always stand on the right hand side of the escalator, lift or any public transportation system. The left aisle is left open for those in a hurry. If you stand two-by-two, you could possibly get yelled at and asked to move aside rather rudely.
- Never crack jokes about the Nazi or the Holocaust or Hitler. By law, they aren’t allowed to deny such a thing happened, but that doesn’t mean they would laugh about it or even want to talk about it. Racially or ethnically insensitive jokes are not appreciated.
- When you meet someone, don’t forget to shake their hand and if they introduce themselves with a title (Dr, professor, etc), always use it while addressing them. It’s a mark of respect and the individual must be addressed with the title bestowed upon them.
- Innsbruck is a safe city tourist wise and sees no tourist related violent crimes. However petty thievery like pick-pocketing might occur. Just be aware of your surroundings and exercise the regular amount of caution as you normally would.
- Carry an umbrella, a hoodie or a hat depending on what season you’re Austria.
- Austrians are traditionally a conservative society, so when you’re stepping out for the day, dress appropriately. For example, don’t wear your beachwear to the Alstadt or the walk in to a formal restaurant with shorts and flip-flops. Use your discretion.
- Learn or carry some basic German phrases to help you connect with the locals better, in case you ever have to ask for directions or whilst shopping; not many Austrians speak English.
Explore the travel itinerary planning tool for your visit to Innsbruck and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Travel to Innsbruck- Know before you go to Innsbruck
Facts and Stats for Innsbruck*
Pollution Statistics in Innsbruck
Know the pollution level of Innsbruck before you plan your visit.
Air Pollution 38.33 (Low)
Water Pollution 7.5 (Very Low)
Noise and Light Pollution 36.36 (Low)
Unattended dirt and garbage 25 (Low)
Dissatisfaction with Garbage Disposal 20 (Low)
Dissatisfaction to Spend Time in the City 26.92 (Low)
Dissatisfaction with Green zones and parks 52.5 (Moderate)
Innsbruck: Crime and Safety
How safe is Innsbruck for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Innsbruck.
Burglary and Theft 25 (Low)
Mugging and Robbery 21.43 (Low)
Assault and Armed Robbery 19.64 (Very Low)
Corruption and Bribery 22.73 (Low)
Car Stealing 21.15 (Low)
Robbery of Car belongings 26.92 (Low)
Attacks 28.57 (Low)
Drug offense 46.43 (Moderate)
Safety walking alone during daylight 89.29 (Very High)
Safety walking alone during night 73.21 (High)
Insulting and offensive behaviour 25 (Low)
Hate crime due to Racism, Religion, ethnic origin 21.43 (Low)
Property crimes and Vandalism 37.5 (Low)
Living in Innsbruck - Quality of Life
Quality of Life Index of Innsbruck is 163.7 (Very High)
Safety Index 72.74 (High)
Climate Index 74.57 (High)
Pollution Index 32.49 (Low)
Traffic Commute Time Index 35 (Moderate)
Cost of Living Index 84.56 (Moderate)
Health Care Index 70.56 (High)
Property Price to Income Ratio 12.57 (High)
Purchasing Power Index 86.08 (Moderate)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Innsbruck
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Innsbruck
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.09 USD
International Movie per seat 12.42 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 49.67 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 111.77 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 99.14 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.
Innsbruck Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Innsbruck
Innsbruck Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Innsbruck
2 Reviews Duration: 20 Mins
Enjoy this private airport arrival and departure round-trip transfer and experience a hassle-free way of getting to and from ...
USD 21.7Book Now
New on TripHobo Duration: Flexible
Enjoy unlimited internet everywhere in Innsbruck (and rest of Austria) with 4G-LTE Pocket WiFi. Stay connected anytime and av...
USD 95.74Book Now
1 Reviews Duration: Flexible
Enjoy this round trip to the Nordkette, and experience the panoramic views it will offer you. The new Innsbrucker Nordkettenb...
USD 39.11Book Now
3 Reviews Duration: 3 Hrs
Visit Swarovski Crystal Worlds and discover crystal becoming a complete experience. Enjoy a world of fantasy that has deliver...
USD 23.94Book Now
- Cities Near Innsbruck
- Kufstein Tourism
- Zell Am See Tourism
- Bregenz Tourism
- Werfen Tourism
- Salzburg Tourism
- Hallstatt Tourism
- Villach Tourism
- Klagenfurt Tourism
- Linz Tourism
- Top cities from Austria
- Vienna Tourism
- Graz Tourism
- Eisenstadt Tourism
- Melk Tourism
- Bludenz Tourism
- Wagrain Tourism
- Hippach Tourism
- Trattenbach Tourism
- Schönberg Am Kamp Tourism
- Other Cities on TripHobo
- Paris Tourism
- Prague Tourism
- Rome Tourism
- Rio De Janeiro Tourism
- London Tourism
- Miami Tourism
- Coalgate Tourism
- Biggleswade Tourism
- Oberding Tourism