Dom St Jakob, Cathedral Of St James2436 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Domplatz 6, Innsbruck 6020, Austria Map
- Timings: 10:30 am - 07:30 pm Details
- Phone: +43-512583902
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
The Cathedral of Saint James is a fine example of baroque style architecture. Unfortunately the church was heavily damaged during the Second World War. From the outside, the cathedral doesn’t look anything out of the ordinary but step inside for a change of opinion. The nave is enclosed by three dome vaults. There are two main works of art that you should look for inside the cathedral. One is the painting of Madonna over the high altar; the other is a 1620 monument erected in honour of the Archduke Maximilian III, who passed way in 1618. The Cathedral is especially famous for its 57 peace bells that weigh an astounding 4,100 kilograms and ring daily at noon. Also the organ has a spectacular 3,729 pipes and is usually played during church performances. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Innsbruck itinerary 2 days.
Entrance Ticket Details For Dom St Jakob, Cathedral Of St James
- Free Entry
- Entry is prohibited when Mass in on.
Dom St Jakob, Cathedral Of St James Hours
- 26 October – 1 May: Public holidays: 12:30 pm – 6:30 pm
- 2 May – 25 October: Public holidays: 12:30 pm – 7:30 pm
- Inquire locally about Innsbruck Cathedral mass times.
How to Reach Dom St Jakob, Cathedral Of St James
- Innsbruck Museumstrasse
- By Bus: Bus 4127 stops at Innsbruck Congress/Hofburg bus station.
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi.
- Fischerhausl (seafood recommended)
- Kenzi (Japanese & Korean cuisines served)
- Cafe Sacher
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Innsbruck before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Innsbruck and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Dom St Jakob, Cathedral Of St James Address: Domplatz 6, Innsbruck 6020, Austria
- Dom St Jakob, Cathedral Of St James Contact Number: +43-512583902
- Dom St Jakob, Cathedral Of St James Timing: 10:30 am - 07:30 pm
- Time required to visit Dom St Jakob, Cathedral Of St James: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
81.61% of people who visit Innsbruck include Dom St Jakob, Cathedral Of St James in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
37.46% of people start their Dom St Jakob, Cathedral Of St James visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Dom St Jakob, Cathedral Of St James
93.62% of people prefer walking in order to reach Dom St Jakob, Cathedral Of St James
People normally club together Hofburg, Imperial Palace and Goldenes Dachl And Museum, The Golden Roof while planning their visit to Dom St Jakob, Cathedral Of St James.