Dom St Jakob, Cathedral Of St JamesCurrently Closed
- Address: Domplatz 6, Innsbruck 6020, Austria
- Timings: 10:30 am - 07:30 pm Details
- Phone: +43-512583902
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
The Cathedral of Saint James is a fine example of baroque style architecture. Unfortunately the church was heavily damaged during the Second World War. From the outside, the cathedral doesn’t look anything out of the ordinary but step inside for a change of opinion. The nave is enclosed by three dome vaults. There are two main works of art that you should look for inside the cathedral. One is the painting of Madonna over the high altar; the other is a 1620 monument erected in honour of the Archduke Maximilian III, who passed way in 1618. The Cathedral is especially famous for its 57 peace bells that weigh an astounding 4,100 kilograms and ring daily at noon. Also the organ has a spectacular 3,729 pipes and is usually played during church performances. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Innsbruck itinerary 2 days.
- Free Entry
- Entry is prohibited when Mass in on.
- 26 October – 1 May: Public holidays: 12:30 pm – 6:30 pm
- 2 May – 25 October: Public holidays: 12:30 pm – 7:30 pm
- Inquire locally about Innsbruck Cathedral mass times.
- Innsbruck Museumstrasse
- By Bus: Bus 4127 stops at Innsbruck Congress/Hofburg bus station.
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi.
- Fischerhausl (seafood recommended)
- Kenzi (Japanese & Korean cuisines served)
- Cafe Sacher
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Innsbruck before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Innsbruck and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Innsbruck include Dom St Jakob, Cathedral Of St James in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
37.46% of people start their Dom St Jakob, Cathedral Of St James visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Dom St Jakob, Cathedral Of St James
93.62% of people prefer walking in order to reach Dom St Jakob, Cathedral Of St James
Impressive Cathedral. Try to visit this Cathedral when you are in Innsbruck, Austria.
Fascinating must see place.
Very great. You must going here. God.
Beautiful cathedral. Worth a visit. And remember to buy a €1 ticket from the machine inside the cathedral if you’re taking photos.
Beautiful and ornate baroque cathedral, situated in the heart of Innsbruck's old town. There's a fee of €1 to take photos. The crypt is open for prayers only within the main opening hours.