How to Reach Innsbruck - The Easiest Way to Reach Innsbruck
- By Air: Innsbruck has an international airport where all major airlines fly to.
- By Train: If you’re in the neighboring countries and coming in to Austria, you could opt for the train. The trains within the EU are well connected and rather efficient.
- By Car: Renting a car and driving into Austria is a doable but unadvisable option especially if you’re an international traveler.
- On Foot: The best way to see Innsbruck is on foot. Most of the attractions are located in close proximity of each other, especially if you get off at the Alstadt (Old Town).
- BY Bus: Innsbruck has an excellent network of buses that run to and from all the major tourist attractions. As long as you know what bus you have to board and what stop to get off at, it’s a little difficult to get lost. You could also opt for a hop on/hop off tour bus of the city where you can get off at any stop you want and board the bus once you’re done sight-seeing.
- By Car: There are car rentals available where you could rent a car and see the city. However, it’s not advised since parking norms and stringent and fee based.
- By Bicyles: Bicycles too are available for rent especially for young adults or students who don’t want to spend on public transport and to couple sight-seeing with some exercise. They have designated bicycle lanes so stick to the lanes.
Are you looking for a Innsbruck travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Innsbruck
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Innsbruck. The most preferred mode of transport in Innsbruck is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 8 km Average time: 27.25 min
Bus/Trolleybus 50%Bus 25 min Walking 11 min Waiting 6 min Overall average time for 9.5 kms 42 min
Car 25%Driving 17 min Walking 4 min Overall average time for 11 kms 21 min
Bike 25%Bike 4 min Overall average time for 2 kms 4 min
How to Reach Innsbruck from Nearby Cities
|Garmisch-partenkirchen to Innsbruck||42 km||42 mins|
|Farchant to Innsbruck||43.09 km||43 mins|
|Bolzano to Innsbruck||84.97 km||1 hour 24 mins|
|Kufstein to Innsbruck||91.37 km||1 hour 31 mins|
|Munich to Innsbruck||96.35 km||1 hour 36 mins|
|Fürstenfeldbruck to Innsbruck||100.19 km||1 hour 40 mins|
|Olching to Innsbruck||102.48 km||1 hour 42 mins|
|Obergünzburg to Innsbruck||126.21 km||2 hours 6 mins|
|Bregenz to Innsbruck||186.42 km||3 hours 6 mins|
- How to reach Innsbruck-igls
- How to reach Oberperfuss
- How to reach Wattens
- How to reach Fulpmes
- How to reach Neustift Im Stubaital
- How to reach Leutasch