Are you looking for what to do in Innsbruck?
- Hofkirche: Undoubtedly one of the finest royal court churches you’ll ever come across, the Hofkirche was built to honour Maximilian I. Even though he isn’t buried here, his tombstone is a fine example of German Renaissance skill in the fine arts. Sculpted out of black marble, the tombstone is surrounded by 28 lifelike statues said to be guarding the tomb.
- Hofburg: The childhood home of Marie Antonniette, the Hofburg Imperial Palace has had many owners and every owner made their own changes to the palace and what today the palace is an amalgamation of all those changed made over the years, just adding to its original beauty.
- Tiroler Volkskunst Museum: Dubbed as one of the top heritage museums of Europe, the Tiroler Volkskunst Museum spans three floors and displays quite an impressive repertoire of Tyrolese artifacts and works of art. From festival embellishments to attires to household items, the museum covers every aspect of Tyrolese culture you can think of.
- Goldenes Dachl & Museum: The Golden Roof as it’s so rightly called, Maximilian I used this three story high balcony as his vantage point. From here, he could enjoy the view of the Alps as well as look down upon the city’s proceedings. Made from 2675 fire-gilt copper tiles, the Goldenes Dachl is a major tourist attraction and makes for quite a good photo op location.
- Swarovski Kristallwelten: When Marilyn Monroe sang, “diamonds are a girl’s best friend”, she sure knew what she was singing about. If you ever want to test this theory, take the women in your life to the world of crystals and Swarovski Kristallwelten and see for yourself. With around 14 chambers, every room has a different theme but around the clear cut precision rocks that Swarovski is famous for.
Below we have a list of things to do in Innsbruck and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Innsbruck getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Innsbruck with confidence.