Lake Thun877 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 15 kilometers east of Interlaken City Centre, Switzerland Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: War Memorial, Family And Kids, Lake, Nature
Created after the last glacial period, Lake Thun lies to the western side of Lake Brienz- separated by Bodeli. Lying at the base of the alpine catchment area, Lake Thun is known for its periodic floods when the glacial ice melts. A treat for geology lovers and a rare vision for nature admirers.
Did you know that the lake was a dumping ground for unused munitions post World War II? A site of interest indeed!
Lake Thun Travel Tips
- Do carry your own snacks and water.
- Wear warm clothes as the weather can get pretty cold.
How to Reach Lake Thun
- Bus: Merligen Vorderdorf. Busses are available every 30 minutes.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Interlaken before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Interlaken and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Lake Thun Address: 15 kilometers east of Interlaken City Centre, Switzerland
- Lake Thun Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Lake Thun(preferred time): 08:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Lake Thun: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
9.5% of people who visit Interlaken include Lake Thun in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
33.71% of people start their Lake Thun visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Lake Thun
90.89% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lake Thun
People normally club together Heimwehfluhbann and Thun Festival while planning their visit to Lake Thun.