Cawdor Castle, Inverness
About Cawdor Castle, Inverness
Cawdor Castle, Inverness - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Cawdor, Nairn IV12 5RD, United Kingdom
Ticket Price: 11 EUR
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 5.7K times in trip plans
Garden, Landmark, Castle, Family And Kids, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Set amid the gardens in the Parish of Cawdor, this castle is built around a 15th century tower house. It remains in the Campbell ownership and was passed on to Campbells from Clan Calder- the original owners in 16th century.
Known for its literary connection to Shakespeare’s tragedy ‘Macbeth’ where the title character is made ‘Thane of Cawdor’, the castle was actually built years later the life of King Macbeth.
An A-listed building with the garden listed among the significant gardens of Scotland, it is a must-visit on your Scotland trip!
Cawdor Castle Information
- Group tours can be arranged on appointment.
- Disable accessed.
Cawdor Castle Ticket Prices
- Concessions: £9.50
- Children (aged 5 to 15): £6.50
- Student (with valid student ID): £9.50
- Family Ticket (2 adults and up to 5 children aged 5 to 15): £30.00
- Adult parties (12+): £9.00
- Children's parties (20+, one teacher free with every 20 pupils): £6.00
- Gardens, Grounds and Nature Trails: £5.75
- Adult Season Ticket (Castle and grounds): £tbc
- Friends of Cawdor Castle Gardens Membership: £16.50
- Nine-hole golf course day ticket£12.50Putting green (per round): £3.50
How To reach Cawdor Castle by Public Transport
- By Car, Taxi, Bus no 1A
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Inverness before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Inverness and book an accommodation of your choice.
Cawdor Castle, Inverness Reviews - Write a Review
They did not like tall people in the past: mind your head in the stairs ;) Great place. The castle itself is very interesting to visit. It is various pieces of history. The gardens are amazing. Gorgeous plants and amazing landscape. It is a must go if you're around.
I'm giving this 5 stars for the gardens and cafe. The castle itself interesting but I wouldn't drive out just for that but the gardens were wonderful. The scones coffee and sandwiches in the bright pleasant little cafe were delicious. They even have a beautiful small golf course you can play. Think it must be 9 holes. Looked quite nice if you're a golfer. An enjoyable outing.
We thought Cawdor Castle a magical and spiritual place. The Castle itself is a beautiful home, tasteful and cosy. The gardens are splendid, again full of mystery and magic. The cafe is welcoming, offering lovely food in spotless and bright surroundings. The lady in the shop was most helpful and very friendly. Altogether Cawdor Castle is magnificent and I think the owner is most generous in letting us see it in all it's glory.
Amazing castle, must visit. So much history here. Set in beautiful grounds which are worth exploring, there's even a golf coarse. Had a great day here.
This was one of the most interesting and beautiful castles we have ever seen. Still lived in today Gardens, herb garden and orchard are beautiful and there is a real maze!!!
- Nearby Attractions
- The Sheep Heid Inn
- The Auctioneers
- The Castle Tavern
- The Kings Highway
- Heathmount Hotel
- Culloden Battlefield
- Loch Ness Glamping
- Glen Nevis Holidays Ltd
- Corrieshalloch Gorge National Nature Reserve
- Inverness Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Inverness
- What to See in 48 Hours in Inverness
- What to See in 72 Hours in Inverness
- How to Spend 5 Days in Inverness
- How to Spend 6 Days in Inverness
- How to Spend 7 Days in Inverness