Fort George637 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Ardersier, Inverness IV1 7TD, United Kingdom Map
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1667460232
- Ticket Price: 9 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Family And Kids, Fort
The mightiest artillery fortification in Britain, Fort George was conceptualised by George II against the Jacobite unrest.
The design of the fort is based on the shape of the star overlooking the sea and is a grand structure in itself.
The Garrison buildings, defence mechanisms with cannon, huge collection of arms and ammunition including bayoneted muskets, pikes, swords and pouches dating back to the 18th century will give you a brief idea of the warfare used in the times of instability.
Highlanders' Museum (Queen's Own Highlanders Collection) is housed in the fort.
Fort George Travel Tips
- Closed in bad weather conditions.
- Disable accessed.
Entrance Ticket Details For Fort George
- Child : 5.10 EUR
- Concession ticket : 6.80 EUR
Fort George Hours
- Given timing is for April to September, Last entry at 04.45 pm.
- 1st October to 31st March: 10.00 am to 04.00 pm, Last entry at 03.15 pm.
How to Reach Fort George
- Bus no 15
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Inverness before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Inverness and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Fort George Address: Ardersier, Inverness IV1 7TD, United Kingdom
- Fort George Contact Number: +44-1667460232
- Fort George Timing: 09:30 am - 05:30 pm
- Fort George Price: 9 EUR
- Best time to visit Fort George(preferred time): 10:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Time required to visit Fort George: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
28.86% of people who visit Inverness include Fort George in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
43.08% of people start their Fort George visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Fort George
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Fort George
People normally club together Highland Aviation Museum and Hootananny while planning their visit to Fort George.