Are you looking for what to do in Inverness?
THINGS TO SEE
- River Ness: River Ness is a 20 kilometre long river flowing from the northern end of Loch Ness in Scotland through Loch Dochfour.
- Urquhart Castle: Flaunting a majestic history of 1000 years, Urquhart Castle will amaze you at its very first glimpse. The present site dates back to 13th and 14th century and the castle played an important role in the War of Scottish Independence.
- Clava Cairns: Well-preserved complex of passage graves belonging to the Bronze age, the ring cairns, kerb cairns and standing stones dating back to about 4000 years.
- Cawdor castle: Set amid the gardens in the Parish of Cawdor, this castle is built around a 15th century tower house.
- Beauly Priory: Located in the village of Beauly, Beauly Priory is a ruined church dating back to the early 13th century.
- Other prominent structures include: Castle Stuart, Inverness Castle, Fort George, Old High Church.
- Falls of Foyers: A waterfall on the River Foyers, the fine cascade in its fall of 165 feet makes a wonderful sight.
- Museums: The Highlanders Museum, Inverness Museum and Art Gallery, Highland Aviation Museum.
THINGS TO DO
- Tour the Stunning Loch Ness.
- Walk up to Ness Islands.
- Taste delectable whisky at Tomatin Distillery visitors centre.
- Shop and splurge at the Victorian Market.
- Say Cheese at the The Cheese Pantry at Connage.
- Catch the glimpse of the city’s stunning panorama at Greig Street Bridge.
- Catch a show at the Eden Court Theatre.
- Go on a adventure 4*4 ride.
Bars and Nightlife
- Johnny Foxes & The Den: Dj nights, live Pianist and traditional Irish & Scottish music
- Hootananny: A multi-award winning pub in the Highland capital Inverness, Hootananny is renowned for its fantastic live music.
- Gellions Bar: A classic Scottish pub dating back to 1841, Gellions bar is known for its wonderful ambience and great drinks.
Below we have a list of things to do in Inverness and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Inverness getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Inverness with confidence.