Gua Tempurung1256 Votes Currently Open
- Address: APT Consortium Sdn. Bhd., 8A Laluan Rokam 15, Pekan Razaki, 31350 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +60-53188555
- Ticket Price: 6 MYR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Cave, Geological Formation, River
Gua Tempurung is a cave located 24 kilometers south of Ipoh. It is popular among spelunkers and is a must visit for caving enthusiasts. Its entire area known as the Kinta Valley. About 3 kilometers long, Gua Tempurung Ipoh is probably the longest cave in Peninsular Malaysia. A section of it has been developed as a show cave with walkways and electric lighting. Also, a fine river cave, the underground river passage runs for about 1.6 kilometers through the hill. There are three very large chambers.
The tunnel of the cave runs from the east to the west, covering a distance of about 2 kilometers. It is made up of 5 large domes and is believed to have existed since 8,000 B.C.
Gua Tempurung Perak comprises of five huge domes with ceilings resembling coconut shells. Each of these domes has different calcium formations and marble there exists in differing temperatures and water levels. These caves are famous for its breathtaking gallery of stalagmites, stalactites and other amazing rock formations. The cave 5 domes as -
- Golden Flowstone Cavern
- Gergasi (Giant) Cavern
- Tin Mine Cavern
- Alam (Universe) Cavern
- Battlefield Cavern
You can also pick the Gua tempurung tour of your choice from the following list:
- Golden Flowstone
- Top of the World
- Top of the World and Short River Adventure
- Grand Tour
You will be spoiled for choice given the number of tours here that bring to you the best of the Gua Tempurung Perak. Visit this place to get a close glimpse of nature and a treasure trove of it beneath the surface of the Earth. You will be surprised to see all that you get to see in this caves from waterways, aquatic animals, animals, and the thrill of sneaking in and out of tiny caverns that will even require you to duck walk! A great place to take the kids too and develop their interests.
Gua Tempurung Travel Tips
- Dress comfortably (consider T-shirts and long pants) and wear comfortable shoes or sandals with straps and good grip. Hiking boots are the best as they provide better support for the ankles.
- Bring mineral water. It is best to carry the bottle/s and other personal stuff in small backpack.
- Camera and torchlight are optional. Your guide will bring a torch so you don't need to bring one. But if you come in a big group, additional torchlight will come in handy.
- Gloves and kneepads are highly recommended
- Bring mineral water and other personal stuff in small backpack.
- You don't have to bring food as there are stalls selling food, snacks and drinks outside Gua Tempurung.
- Heart patients and those suffering from claustrophobia should limit themselves to show caves. Inform your guide of any serious medical condition.
- Cavers should be free from allergies related to limestone and bat guano.
Entrance Ticket Details For Gua Tempurung
Golden Flowstone tickets:
- Adult: RM 20
- Child (6-12): RM 10
- Senior Citizen (60 years and above): RM 10
Top of the World price:
- Adult: RM 30
- Child & Seniors: RM 15
- Minimum number of persons required-5
Top of the World and Short River Adventure ticket price:
- Adult: RM 40
- Child & Seniors: RM 20
- Minimum number of persons required - 8 adults
Grand Tour entrance fee:
- Adult: RM 50
- Child & Seniors: RM 25
- Minimum number of people required- 8 adults
Gua Tempurung Hours
- Golden Flowstone timing (40 minutes): 09:00 am- 04:00 pm (Last entry at 4:00 pm)
- Top of the World timing (1 hour 45 minutes): 09:00 am-03:00 pm (Last entry at 3:00 pm)
- Top of the World and Short River Adventure timing (2 hours 30 minutes): 09:00 am-12:00pm (Last entry at 12:00 noon)
- Gua Tempurung Grand Tour timing (3 hours 30 minutes): 09:00 am-11:00 am (Last entry at 11:00 am)
How to Reach Gua Tempurung
- The Gopeng-bound bus stops at Gopeng town. Change to a bus heading to Kampar, but request a stop at Gua Tempurung junction. From there, it is 2-3 km by foot! Else Take a cab.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ipoh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ipoh and book an accommodation of your choice.
21.23% of people who visit Ipoh include Gua Tempurung in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
48.48% of people start their Gua Tempurung visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Gua Tempurung
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gua Tempurung
Gua Tempurung Reviews & Ratings
Hi, is it open on December public holidays 2021? Online Ticket avaible ?Answer Report Abuse
Hi, how to buy the tickets online. Is there any limitations on the number of person to visit each time?Answer Report Abuse
Hi, plan to go on oct 2020, are available to entry ?Answer Report Abuse
What are Operating time and days? What should I wear? How much are the tickets for non-Malay? Is it suitable for a family with a baby? Can I book the ticket online? Many thanks,Answer Report Abuse
Operates all days from 9.00am - 4.00pm, Dress comfortably and Shoes. You can book tickets via online. Yes it’s a family place.Report Abuse