How to Reach Ipoh - The Easiest Way to Reach Ipoh
HOW TO GET TO IPOH
- By Air: Ipoh's Sultan Azlan Shah Airport is situated right in Ipoh. Firefly operates twice daily flights to and from Terminal 2 of Singapore Changi Airport. Malaysia Airlines (Jalan Sultan Idris Shah) has daily departures to Kuala Lumpur and that is the best option for catching international flights to Ipoh.
- By Train: Ipoh's train station (Jln Panglima Bukit Gantang Wahab) is on the main Singapore-Butterworth line. There are daily trains to both Kuala Lumpur and Butterworth the latter continuing to Hat Yai in Thailand.
- By Bus: Ipoh is on the main Kuala Lumpur to Butterworth highway road which 205 kilometers north of the capital and 164 kilometers south of Butterworth. The long-distance bus station is at Medan Gopeng(Jalan Raja Dr Nazrin Shah) which is 5 kilometers south of the city centre and linked by frequent shuttle buses to the city bus station .
- The city bus station is off a roundabout south of the train station. Buses depart from here for destinations in Perak, such as Batu Gajah, Gopeng Kuala Kangsar, Taiping and Teluk Intan. Perak Roadways have a separate terminus on Jalan Tun Abdul Razak, with regular buses to Lumut.
- By Coach: You can book coach tickets from Singapore, Malaysia and Hatyai.
- By Car: Ipoh is located on the North-South Highway. You can drive by car from Kuala Lumpur and exit via from nearly Ipoh of Simpang Pulai. You also can via exit from Ipoh South or Jelapang. If you come from Penang then you can exit via the North-South Highway of Jelapang.
HOW TO GET AROUND IPOH
- By Bus: The ipoh tourist attractions are connected via various bus stops and you can use the bus services to get around.
- By Car: It is always preferable to hire rental cabs as you can choose many places to visit in ipoh at your own pace.
- On Foot: You should definitely roam around the old town only on foot.
Are you looking for a Ipoh travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Ipoh
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Ipoh. The most preferred mode of transport in Ipoh is Walking.
Average distance: 8.4 km Average time: 52.5 min
Walking 50%Walking 70 min Driving 15 min Overall average time for 6 kms 85 min
Car 50%Driving 20 min Overall average time for 10.8 kms 20 min
How to Reach Ipoh from Nearby Cities
|Menglembu to Ipoh||7.52 km||7 mins|
|Seri Iskandar to Ipoh||12.71 km||12 mins|
|Kampar to Ipoh||37.28 km||25 mins|
|Pulau Pangkor to Ipoh||57.92 km||57 mins|
|Nibong Tebal to Ipoh||68.89 km||1 hour 8 mins|
|Taiping to Ipoh||80.03 km||49 mins|
|Cameron Highlands to Ipoh||93.22 km||1 hour 26 mins|
|Bagan Serai to Ipoh||123.73 km||1 hour 13 mins|
|Kulim to Ipoh||164.5 km||1 hour 34 mins|
|Lumut to Ipoh||188.53 km||4 hours 26 mins|
- How to reach Cameron Highlands
- How to reach Taiping
- How to reach Bukit Mertajam
- How to reach Gelugor
- How to reach Frasers Hill
- How to reach Penang Hill
- How to reach Genting Highlands
- How to reach Kuala Lumpur
- How to reach Port Dickson
- How to reach Johor Bahru
- How to reach Melaka
- How to reach Kota Kinabalu
- How to reach Kuching
- How to reach Miri