How to Reach Ipoh
HOW TO GET TO IPOH
- By Air: Ipoh's Sultan Azlan Shah Airport is situated right in Ipoh. Firefly operates twice daily flights to and from Terminal 2 of Singapore Changi Airport. Malaysia Airlines (Jalan Sultan Idris Shah) has daily departures to Kuala Lumpur and that is the best option for catching international flights to Ipoh.
- By Train: Ipoh's train station (Jln Panglima Bukit Gantang Wahab) is on the main Singapore-Butterworth line. There are daily trains to both Kuala Lumpur and Butterworth the latter continuing to Hat Yai in Thailand.
- By Bus: Ipoh is on the main Kuala Lumpur to Butterworth highway road which 205 kilometers north of the capital and 164 kilometers south of Butterworth. The long-distance bus station is at Medan Gopeng(Jalan Raja Dr Nazrin Shah) which is 5 kilometers south of the city centre and linked by frequent shuttle buses to the city bus station .
- The city bus station is off a roundabout south of the train station. Buses depart from here for destinations in Perak, such as Batu Gajah, Gopeng Kuala Kangsar, Taiping and Teluk Intan. Perak Roadways have a separate terminus on Jalan Tun Abdul Razak, with regular buses to Lumut.
- By Coach: You can book coach tickets from Singapore, Malaysia and Hatyai.
- By Car: Ipoh is located on the North-South Highway. You can drive by car from Kuala Lumpur and exit via from nearly Ipoh of Simpang Pulai. You also can via exit from Ipoh South or Jelapang. If you come from Penang then you can exit via the North-South Highway of Jelapang.
HOW TO GET AROUND IPOH
- By Bus: The ipoh tourist attractions are connected via various bus stops and you can use the bus services to get around.
- By Car: It is always preferable to hire rental cabs as you can choose many places to visit in ipoh at your own pace.
- On Foot: You should definitely roam around the old town only on foot.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Ipoh. The most preferred mode of transport in Ipoh is Walking.
Average distance: 8.4 km Average time: 52.5 min
Walking 50%Walking 70 min Driving 15 min Overall average time for 6 kms 85 min
Car 50%Driving 20 min Overall average time for 10.8 kms 20 min
|Chemor to Ipoh||4.36 km||4 mins|
|Menglembu to Ipoh||4.66 km||4 mins|
|Batu gajah to Ipoh||6.02 km||6 mins|
|Kampar to Ipoh||9.1 km||9 mins|
|Teronoh to Ipoh||11.36 km||11 mins|
|Seri iskandar to Ipoh||12.71 km||12 mins|
|Teluk intan to Ipoh||14.47 km||14 mins|
|Kuala kangsar to Ipoh||16.84 km||16 mins|
|Parit to Ipoh||20.17 km||20 mins|
|Pengkalan hulu to Ipoh||25.63 km||25 mins|