The Geological Museum in Ipoh was established in 1957 and is a major Ipoh attraction. Construction work on the museum was initiated in July 1955 when Raja Idris Shah Ibni al Marhum Sultan Iskandar Shah, the Raja Muda of Perak officially laid the foundation stone of the building. The Museum building is now a part of the Minerals and Geosciences Department Complex in Ipoh. Under the recent jurisdiction, the Geological Museum was renovated and upgraded to increase the exhibition space and collection of exhibits in the Museum. The Geological Museum plays an important role as a centre for education and learning of geology and geosciences in the country.
Ipoh Geological Museum Travel Tips
- For Groups visits, please forward applications to-Pengarah Perkhidmatan Teknikal Jabatan Mineral dan Geosains Malaysia, Ipoh, Perak.
- Do not touch anything on display as it belongs to a very valuable collection.
Entrance Ticket Details For Ipoh Geological Museum
- Entry is free.
Ipoh Geological Museum Hours
- Monday – Thursday: 8.30 am – 1 pm and 2 pm - 4.30 pm
- Friday: 8.30 am – 11.45 pm and 2.15 pm - 4.30 pm
- Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
How to Reach Ipoh Geological Museum
- Hire a cab from the airport, It is just 2.5 kilometers away.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ipoh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ipoh and book an accommodation of your choice.
2.97% of people who visit Ipoh include Ipoh Geological Museum in their plan
66.67% of people start their Ipoh Geological Museum visit around 3 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Ipoh Geological Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ipoh Geological Museum
People normally also visit Sam Poh Tong while planning their trip to Ipoh Geological Museum.