Kek Lok Tong Cave Temple5398 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Kek Look Tong, Gunung Rapat, Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
- Timings: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +60-531281129
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
The Kek Lok Tong Cave Temple is a tourist attraction situated to the south of Ipoh. The cave temple is spread over a 12 acre site and has been used ever since 1920 as a place of worship. In 1960 however, the cave became part of an iron mining site. The temple is set in a huge cave in the limestone outcrops around 5 kilometers south of Ipoh.The Kek Lok Tong complex comprises of a central altar and a number of Buddhist figures as well as various deities of the Chinese pantheon. The most unique thing about the caves is that their great garden views once you get inside the caves. The award winning landscape garden also offers you a jogging path surrounding two lakes and probably the longest reflexology footpaths in Ipoh. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Ipoh itinerary 1 day.
Kek Lok Tong Cave Temple Travel Tips
- Refrain from entering the cave if you are physically unfit.
- Do read up on the history and hire a guide if possible to absorb the experience completely.
- There is a lot of walking involved, so wear appropriate footwear.
Entrance Ticket Details For Kek Lok Tong Cave Temple
- Free entry. Please contact the authorities to find out about any additional prices.
How to Reach Kek Lok Tong Cave Temple
- A trip to Kek Look Tong via Taxi from the city centre (where the train stations and bus stations are) will take about 15 minutes.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ipoh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ipoh and book an accommodation of your choice.
93.65% of people who visit Ipoh include Kek Lok Tong Cave Temple in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
73.29% of people start their Kek Lok Tong Cave Temple visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Kek Lok Tong Cave Temple
94.89% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kek Lok Tong Cave Temple