How to Reach Irkutsk
- By Air: Flights to Irkutsk disembark at the Irkutsk International Airport. It mainly connects the city to Moscow, but there are flights that connect Irkutsk to St. Petersburg, China and South Korea.
- By Train: Irkutsk is a major stop on the Trans-Siberian, all trains stop there. The Irkutsk Railway Station is located 15 minutes from the centre of the city.
- By Bus: There is a main bus terminal in the centre of the city. It is connected to nearby towns of Olkhon Island and Listvyanka. Buses to and from these two destinations depart around 4 times a day.
- By Ferry: Ferries connect Irkutsk to Listvyanka and Olkhon.
- By Tram: Trams are very much a part of the public transport system in Irkutsk. They are well connected and run at frequent intervals.
- By Bus: Busses run in loops around the city and connect all the major neighbourhoods.
- By Trolleybus: One of the best ways to explore the city! One of the things to do in Irkutsk is to hop on a trolleybus and enjoy the ride.
- By Bicycle: Rent a bicycle and explore this beautiful city at your own pace.
- On Foot: The city centre can be explored on foot.
- By Taxi: Taxis are not very common in Irkutsk and are comparatively costly. However, share taxis is a concept that is quite popular with the locals.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Irkutsk. The most preferred mode of transport in Irkutsk is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 7.44 km Average time: 21.29 min
Bus/Trolleybus 42.86%Bus 17.67 min Walking 3 min Waiting 2.33 min Overall average time for 9.63 kms 23 min
Car 28.57%Driving 27.5 min Overall average time for 10.5 kms 27.5 min
Walking 28.57%Walking 12.5 min Overall average time for 1.1 kms 12.5 min