How to Reach Irkutsk, Russia
The Easiest Way to Reach Irkutsk
- By Air: Flights to Irkutsk disembark at the Irkutsk International Airport. It mainly connects the city to Moscow, but there are flights that connect Irkutsk to St. Petersburg, China and South Korea.
- By Train: Irkutsk is a major stop on the Trans-Siberian, all trains stop there. The Irkutsk Railway Station is located 15 minutes from the centre of the city.
- By Bus: There is a main bus terminal in the centre of the city. It is connected to nearby towns of Olkhon Island and Listvyanka. Buses to and from these two destinations depart around 4 times a day.
- By Ferry: Ferries connect Irkutsk to Listvyanka and Olkhon.
- By Tram: Trams are very much a part of the public transport system in Irkutsk. They are well connected and run at frequent intervals.
- By Bus: Busses run in loops around the city and connect all the major neighbourhoods.
- By Trolleybus: One of the best ways to explore the city! One of the things to do in Irkutsk is to hop on a trolleybus and enjoy the ride.
- By Bicycle: Rent a bicycle and explore this beautiful city at your own pace.
- On Foot: The city centre can be explored on foot.
- By Taxi: Taxis are not very common in Irkutsk and are comparatively costly. However, share taxis is a concept that is quite popular with the locals.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Irkutsk and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Irkutsk
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Irkutsk. The most preferred mode of transport in Irkutsk is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 8.48 km Average time: 22.33 min
Bus/Trolleybus 50%Bus 17.67 min Walking 3 min Waiting 2.33 min Overall average time for 9.63 kms 23 min
Walking 16.67%Walking 10 min Overall average time for 1 kms 10 min
Car 33.33%Driving 27.5 min Overall average time for 10.5 kms 27.5 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Irkutsk
- How to reach Angarsk
- How to reach Listvyanka
- How to reach Usolye-sibirskoye
- How to reach Svirsk
- How to reach Turuntaevo
- How to reach Ulan-ude
- How to reach Zima
- How to reach Khyagt
- How to reach Lake Baikal
- How to Reach Top Cities in Russia
- How to reach Moscow
- How to reach Saint Petersburg
- How to reach Kaliningrad
- How to reach Yaroslavl Oblast
- How to reach Vyborg
- How to reach Novosibirsk
- How to reach Krasnodar
- How to reach Tomsk
- How to reach Salekhard
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Warrington
- How to reach Tp. Lào Cai
- How to reach Lakewood