Znamensky MonasteryCurrently Closed
- Address: Angarskaya, 14, Irkutsk 664001, Russia
- Timings: 06:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +7-3952778730
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Monastery
Znamensky Monastery - Review
The Znamensky Monastery AKA the Sign Monastery is one of the main monasteries in Siberia that spread Christianity. Dating back to the year 1689, the monastery was built by Vlas Sidorov. It was originally built of wood, which led to its deterioration over a period of time. After a reconstruction and renovation work lasting over 5 years, the present stunning structure and intricate interiors of the monastery came into picture. An admirable piece of architecture, do add Znamensky Monastery to your travel itinerary.
Trivia: Alaska explorer Grigory Ivanovich Shelekhov(1747-1795) is buried at the Znamensky Monastery.
Znamensky Monastery Information
- Please dress modestly.
How To reach Znamensky Monastery by Public Transport
- Remeslennoye uchilishche bus, trolleybus and share taxi stop.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Irkutsk before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Irkutsk and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Znamensky Monastery
56.2% of people who visit Irkutsk include Znamensky Monastery in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
45.45% of people start their Znamensky Monastery visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Znamensky Monastery
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Znamensky Monastery
Znamensky Monastery Map
Znamensky Monastery Trips
Znamensky Monastery, Irkutsk Reviews
All QuestionsZnamensky monastery
- Pace London Soho
- Forest Hill & District Classic Car Club
- The Kalavara At The Kings Head
- Young Dads TV
- M C Art
- Listed Gallery Project
- GLL Camden International Cadet Sabre Tournament
- Ladywell Station
- Avantgarde Gallery
- Millennium Dome
- Harry Simpson Memorial Library
- Kentish Town Library
- Sadie Feast
- Finsbury Park Methodist Church