Black Cuillin, Isle Of Skye
About Black Cuillin, Isle Of Skye
Black Cuillin, Isle Of Skye - Address
Address: Cuillin Mountain range, Scotland
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 3.6K times in trip plans
Mountain, View Point, Hiking Trail, Family And Kids, Rock Climbing, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Located on the Isle of Skye, this rocky mountain is also known as the Black Cuillin with its highest point as Sgurr Alasdair at 3,255 ft (992 m). If you view the mountain from anywhere in Isle of Skye, it looks beautiful with its sharp peaks, which rise up from the flatness of the surrounding terrain. Further, they are considered to be most spectacular and challenging mountains in Britain. In order to reach the summit, you require scrambling or even rock-climbing. But, there are also several shorter walks that enable less experienced walkers. During your hike, you shall also come across Coire Lagan which is one of the most impressive corries in the Cuillin, a tiny loch ringed by gigantic rock peaks - an unforgettable place to visit.
Black Cuillin Information
- If you don't want to tackle the Cuillin Mountains alone, you can hire a local guide to help you.
How To reach Black Cuillin by Public Transport
The mountains can be approached from three sites:
- From South by Foot or by Boat from Elgol; from the Sligachan Hotel to the north; or from Glen Brittle to the west of the mountains.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Isle Of Skye before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Isle Of Skye and book an accommodation of your choice.
Black Cuillin, Isle Of Skye Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Cnoc Na Faire Hotel
- Broadford Youth Hostel - Syha
- Rha Waterfalls
- Isle Of Skye Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Isle Of Skye
- What to See in 48 Hours in Isle Of Skye
- What to See in 72 Hours in Isle Of Skye
- How to Spend 5 Days in Isle Of Skye
- How to Spend 6 Days in Isle Of Skye
- How to Spend 7 Days in Isle Of Skye