Fairy PoolsCurrently Open
- Address: Isle of Skye, Glen Brittle, United Kingdom
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Water Body, Waterfall, Family And Kids, Nature
Fairy Pools - Review
Fairy Pools can be found at foot of the Black Cuillins near Glenbrittle. They are known for their beautifully crystal clear blue waters. The courageous spirits can take up swimming in its cold water and those who would just like to wonder at its beauty can do so by sitting at their corners. You can also take a around the pools to enjoy the area’s pristine beauty.
Fairy Pools Information
- This walk is suitable in most normal weather conditions, but if it has been raining hard some on the river crossings can become a real challenge.
How To reach Fairy Pools by Public Transport
- Nearest bus stop is in Carbost 6 kilometres from start of walk.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Isle Of Skye before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Isle Of Skye and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Fairy Pools
95% of people who visit Isle Of Skye include Fairy Pools in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
51.94% of people start their Fairy Pools visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Fairy Pools
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Fairy Pools
Fairy Pools Map
Fairy Pools Trips
1 View19 Days 18 Nights19 Day Trip to Edinburgh, St Andrews, Aberdeen, Isle Of Skye, Dunvegan, Inverness, Glasgow from TorontoBy: Guest UserCity: Edinburgh, Isle Of Skye, St Andrews, Aberdeen, Dunvegan, Inverness, Glasgow
Fairy Pools, Isle Of Skye Reviews
So magical. We stayed for hours and took our time walking and enjoying the pools. The black hills made a dramatic backdrop. Definitely get there early as the car park fills up fast, and I’d recommend going in the off season. We went in October, and there were still many people there. I can only imagine the crowds in the summer! Definitely worth a visit.
I wish I wish I wish I had more time! U can easily spend the best part of a whole day here. I suggest to come prepared! Where your swimmers and comfy shoes, and just go and chill when u get there. Yes take photos but more importantly get in there! It’s so refreshing!
Beautiful clear cool pools and waterfalls to cool down in on a hot day (they do happen!). Plenty of spots to swim, paddle and explore. It's about a 10-20 walk to the start of the pools. There's good parking but it fills up quickly on busy days. However there is almost endless parking at the road side.
Beautiful, we went on a misty and drizzling day. Yet it was magical. We had a short swim in one of the pools between the waterfalls and the water was very cool, but completely OK to have a swim in. Unfortunately it was a bit of too cold day for my little girl to have a swim there too.
Parked on the road because it was so popular the official car park was overloaded. About a 5 minute walk downhill to the first waterfall area, then about another 45 minutes worth of walking along to the far pools. Absolutely beautiful and you can pretty much walk down any part of the stream. I found a dead sheep at one of the waterfalls, so maybe check upstream before swimming or drinking the water. I ended up taking a dip upstream of the dead sheep and it was icey cold and lovely on a hot day.
All QuestionsFairy pools
- Dom Katechetyczny
- Muzeum Im. A. Kłosińskiego
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najdroższej Krwi Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka P.w. Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka. Wikarówka
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Małgorzaty I Katarzyny
- Łukasz Błaszków
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka Pw. Swiętej Małgorzaty I Świętej Katarzyny
- Dworzec Autobusowy
- Rejestracja Video Flisowski Stefan
- Urząd Miasta - Naczelnik Skierniewice
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Garnizonowa Wniebowzięcia NMP
- Miejski Ośrodek Kultury
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Jakuba Apostoła
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa