How to Reach Isle Of Skye
The Easiest Way to Reach Isle Of Skye
HOW TO GET TO ISLE OF SKYE
- By Air: The nearest airport to Isle of Skye is either Glasgow or Inverness. From there, you can hire a car to reach any destination in Isle of Skye.
- By Train: If you really wish to enjoy the beauty of nature while you are travelling to Isle of Skye, then try the scenic line from Inverness to Kyle of Lochalsh where you can get a bus over the bridge and on into Skye. There is also another line that comes from Oban and Fort William and stops in Mallaig where you can take the ferry to the island. Try the steam locomotive that runs towards Isle of Skye in the summers. That would be a perfect way to revel in the antiquity through your journey.
- By Car: The Skye Bridge connects the mainland of Scotland with Kylerhea. The bridge is part of the A87 motorway, and is the only bridge connecting Scotland and the Isle of Skye.
- By Bus: Citylink connects Glasgow with the Isle of Skye making stops in Uig and Portree. Direct buses run from Inverness as well as other destinations in Scotland.
HOW TO GET AROUND ISLE OF SKYE
- By Car: The easiest way to get around the Island is by hiring a car. There is a nice one way road taking you around the island, which can be good if you don't have a lot of time to spend.
- By Bus: Citylink takes care of the main routes on the Isle and Rapsons (Highland Country Buses) operate many of the other local routes including Armadale-Kyleakin and Portree-Dunvegan. However, travelers should know that it only runs between Mondays to Saturday, so alternative options will need to be explored for Sunday adventures.
- Walking and bicycling: Roaming around the city travelers will find that, for some attractions and activities, walking or biking are the way to go. It is relatively easy to rent bicycles.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Isle Of Skye and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
- How to reach Cities Near Isle Of Skye
- How to reach Branxton
- How to reach Stromeferry
- How to reach Otter Ferry
- How to reach Southend
- How to reach Cleadale
- How to reach Ballintoy Harbour Cottage
- How to reach Milltimber
- How to reach Hurlford
- How to reach Lower Largo
- How to reach Newtyle
- How to reach Sandend
- How to reach Stoneyburn
- How to reach Cities around the world
- How to reach Anita
- How to reach Laclo
- How to reach Khok Yang
- How to reach Shamli
- How to reach Ware
- How to reach San Juan
- How to reach Basingstoke
- How to reach São Caetano Do Sul
- How to reach Corvallis
- How to reach Allahbad