Kilt Rock, Isle Of Skye
About Kilt Rock, Isle Of Skye
Kilt Rock, Isle Of Skye - Address
Address: Isle of Skye, Scotland
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 6.3K times in trip plans
Geological Formation, View Point, Waterfall, Hiking Trail, Family And Kids, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Kilt Rock is a renowned sea cliff in north east Trotternish. The cliff has been named so as it resembles a kilt, with vertical basalt columns to form the pleats and intruded sills of dolerite forming the pattern. In order to see the waterfall, you will have to look north up the coast. Kilt Rock is a popular viewpoint; looking to the west, the visitor can also enjoy views across the Sound of the Isle of Rona and of Wester Ross. The Waterfall plunges about 100m over a sheer basalt cliff straight into the sea on the Trotternish Peninsula of Skye. On clear days it is also possible to see the Isle of Lewis and parts of the mainland of Scotland.
Kilt Rock Information
- Lives have been lost here. Today, the cliff edge is pretty well fenced, but do take particular care and keep to the designated viewpoint.
How To reach Kilt Rock by Public Transport
- Buses from Somerled Square, Portree.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Isle Of Skye before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Isle Of Skye and book an accommodation of your choice.
Kilt Rock, Isle Of Skye Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Skyewalker Hostel
- Duntulum Castle
- Dragon's Tooth Golf Course
- Ratagan Youth Hostel - Syha
- Dunollie Hotel
- Cnoc Na Faire Hotel
- Broadford Youth Hostel - Syha
- Rha Waterfalls
- Isle Of Skye Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Isle Of Skye
- What to See in 48 Hours in Isle Of Skye
- What to See in 72 Hours in Isle Of Skye
- How to Spend 5 Days in Isle Of Skye
- How to Spend 6 Days in Isle Of Skye
- How to Spend 7 Days in Isle Of Skye