Byzantine Hippodrome, Istanbul
About Byzantine Hippodrome, Istanbul
Byzantine Hippodrome, Istanbul - Address
Address: Between Aya Sofia and Blue Mosque, Istanbul, Turkey
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 13.8K times in trip plans
Ancient Ruin, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Though little of the original structure remains, one can still see the ruins that commemorate what was once Istanbul’s social and sporting centre. These ruins include the Serpent Column, the Obelisk of Thutmose and the Staties of Porphyrios. Though chariot races are no longer held here, one can still stroll along the now paved racecourse. The government has renovated and preserved this place well.
Byzantine Hippodrome Information
- You can visit blue mosque.
- You can also go to visit spiral column which was built by Persians in approximately 480 B.C. after their victory over the Greeks.
- In addition to this Kaiser Wilhelm fountain is also worth watching at hippodrome.
How To reach Byzantine Hippodrome by Public Transport
- Bristol Train Station
Restaurants Near Byzantine Hippodrome
- Mavi Ev hotel
- Hotel Daphne
- Ottoman Imperial
- Ararat hotel
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Istanbul before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Istanbul and book an accommodation of your choice.
Byzantine Hippodrome, Istanbul Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Buhara 93 Restaurant
- Kadıköy İskelesi
- Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah
- Huseyinaga Mosque
- Rüstem Paşa Mh.
- Istanbul International Airport
- Karaköy Kadıköy Hattı
- Kabataş - Bakırköy
- Pamukkale Sokak
- Istanbul Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Istanbul
- What to See in 48 Hours in Istanbul
- What to See in 72 Hours in Istanbul
- How to Spend 5 Days in Istanbul
- How to Spend 6 Days in Istanbul
- How to Spend 7 Days in Istanbul