Byzantine HippodromeCurrently Open
- Address: Between Aya Sofia and Blue Mosque, Istanbul, Turkey
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Ancient Ruin, Family And Kids
Though little of the original structure remains, one can still see the ruins that commemorate what was once Istanbul’s social and sporting centre. These ruins include the Serpent Column, the Obelisk of Thutmose and the Staties of Porphyrios. Though chariot races are no longer held here, one can still stroll along the now paved racecourse. The government has renovated and preserved this place well. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Istanbul itinerary 7 days.
- You can visit blue mosque.
- You can also go to visit spiral column which was built by Persians in approximately 480 B.C. after their victory over the Greeks.
- In addition to this Kaiser Wilhelm fountain is also worth watching at hippodrome.
- Bristol Train Station
- Mavi Ev hotel
- Hotel Daphne
- Ottoman Imperial
- Ararat hotel
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Istanbul before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Istanbul and book an accommodation of your choice.
16.44% of people who visit Istanbul include Byzantine Hippodrome in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
34.04% of people start their Byzantine Hippodrome visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Byzantine Hippodrome
73.12% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Byzantine Hippodrome