Cistern Of Philoxenos26 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Imran Oktem Cad.Binbirdirek Mah. Binbirdirek Sarnıcı /Sultanahmet/Fatih /Istanbul, Turkey
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +90-5332041001
- Ticket Price: 10 TRY
- Tags: Historical Site, Architecture
Located under a public square near the Justice Palace in Sultanahmet, the 1001 Direk Cistern was constructed in the fourth century and back then, was the second biggest water reservoir in Istanbul. Also known as the Binbirdirek Cistern, the 1001 Direk Sarnici cistern, when not open for visitors, is also decked up and used as a wedding receptions’ venue as well. An eerie little place, this one is a must visit for history and architecture lovers.
Cistern Of Philoxenos Travel Tips
- Other Contact No. +90 2125181001/ +90 5412041001
- The place is very dark inside. So, you can carry a torch with yourself.
How to Reach Cistern Of Philoxenos
- Nearby tram stop: Sultanahmet & Cemberlitas
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Istanbul before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Istanbul and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.24% of people who visit Istanbul include Cistern Of Philoxenos in their plan
33.33% of people start their Cistern Of Philoxenos visit around 7 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Cistern Of Philoxenos
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cistern Of Philoxenos