Dolmabahce PalaceCurrently Closed
- Address: Dolmabahce Cad., 34357 Besiktas, Turkey, Istanbul
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +90-2122369000
- Ticket Price: 30 TRY
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Historical Site, Palace, Family And Kids, Architecture
Constructed in the 1850’s at a cost of 35000 tonnes of gold at the time of its construction, this palace had been home to six sultans over the years. It’s the biggest palace in the city, covering over an area of about 110000 square metres. Visit to appreciate the sheer opulence of the palace. The world's largest Bohemian crystal chandelier is here. Rooms are lavishly decorated in gold leaf, silk, carpets and rugs. Lovely gardens abound, as does a massive statesroom. It’s been said that it’s better to book a private tour to go through the palace so that you may come to know of the significance of various sections of the site. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Istanbul itinerary 2 days.
- Rush to the ticket counter one hour before the closing time.
- Carry extra cash as the counter accepts only cash.
- Your tour to palace would be admitted with a guide.
- Please note that waiting time can extend.
- Bring hats, jackets, sun blocks along with you as there is no shade around the ticket counter.
- It would be more beneficial if you can get a ferry.
- Adult: 30 TL
- Harem: 20 TL
- Common Ticket for both: 40 TL
- Closed on first days of religious holidays.
- Besiktas Bus Stop
- Swissotel the Bosphorus: Tops the business travels.
- Hilton Park SA Istanbul: Traditional Turkish food with luxury.
- W Istanbul.
- Special category where you can find cafes and designs in the surrounding.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Istanbul before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Istanbul and book an accommodation of your choice.
58.29% of people who visit Istanbul include Dolmabahce Palace in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
42.35% of people start their Dolmabahce Palace visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Dolmabahce Palace
92.83% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dolmabahce Palace
A well maintained monument. The founder & first President of Turkey breathed his last over here. Magnificent architecture & grand ceilings. No photography allowed. It’s a lot of walking so comfortable shoes are a must. The chandelier in the main room is impressive. The palace has stunning views of the Bosporus.
Takes you back to that time.. you'll catch yourself admiring everything you lay eye on..lovely furniture.. cool ceilings.. fancy curtains and decorations all over.. and we absolutely loved the glass lookout room! And the view of the sea is just perfect outside the palace.. you'll love it
A must visit place if you are in Istanbul. Lots of decorated rooms, furniture and oelonging of the ottoman sultans. The best thing this about this place is that they provide you with an audio guide with a variety of languages set to automatically provide with relevant information about the room you are accessing. Full of information enrichment. No photos are allowed inside, so I have taken some of the outside garden, and palace gate.
Dolmabahçe Palace is an amazing monument to a long gone era. The complex contains a lot of exhibits, going from luxurious rooms to more practical ones. Unfortunately inside pictures are not allowed, but the experience will remain in your memory nonetheless. It is recommended to go early in the day so you can avoid crowding.
The most beautiful historic place I've been to in Istanbul. It's amazing you can see the luxurious ways sultans used to live at that time. It took a good 3 hours to tour the whole place, but it was definitely worth it.