Dolmabahce Palace5174 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: Dolmabahce Cad., 34357 Besiktas, Turkey, Istanbul
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +90-2122369000
- Ticket Price: 30 TRY
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Historical Site, Palace, Family And Kids, Architecture
Constructed in the 1850’s at a cost of 35000 tonnes of gold at the time of its construction, this palace had been home to six sultans over the years. It’s the biggest palace in the city, covering over an area of about 110000 square metres. Visit to appreciate the sheer opulence of the palace. The world's largest Bohemian crystal chandelier is here. Rooms are lavishly decorated in gold leaf, silk, carpets and rugs. Lovely gardens abound, as does a massive statesroom. It’s been said that it’s better to book a private tour to go through the palace so that you may come to know of the significance of various sections of the site. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Istanbul itinerary 2 days.
Dolmabahce Palace Travel Tips
- Rush to the ticket counter one hour before the closing time.
- Carry extra cash as the counter accepts only cash.
- Your tour to palace would be admitted with a guide.
- Please note that waiting time can extend.
- Bring hats, jackets, sun blocks along with you as there is no shade around the ticket counter.
- It would be more beneficial if you can get a ferry.
Entrance Ticket Details For Dolmabahce Palace
- Adult: 30 TL
- Harem: 20 TL
- Common Ticket for both: 40 TL
Dolmabahce Palace Hours
- Closed on first days of religious holidays.
How to Reach Dolmabahce Palace
- Besiktas Bus Stop
- Swissotel the Bosphorus: Tops the business travels.
- Hilton Park SA Istanbul: Traditional Turkish food with luxury.
- W Istanbul.
- Special category where you can find cafes and designs in the surrounding.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Istanbul before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Istanbul and book an accommodation of your choice.
51.01% of people who visit Istanbul include Dolmabahce Palace in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
42.35% of people start their Dolmabahce Palace visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Dolmabahce Palace
92.83% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dolmabahce Palace
Dolmabahce Palace Reviews & Ratings
Beautiful beautiful beautiful! Did not expected this place to be this pretty. The audio guide here is with the ticket price. Its a big palace and most parts are open to see and none are open to capture in a camera. The history is worth listening and imagination takes you there. Its right next to the sea and have breathtaking views from few parts of the palace. The interiors are posh and maintained really well.
Very nice. Take the earliest tour at 9:00AM for it to not be too crazy busy. The palace is incredibly pretty. We got tickets through Google which got us a guide for 20 minutes (explanation of history and getting us in quickly by skipping the line) after that it was 1-2 hours of listening to the audio tour about different areas within.
Very nice palace, huge. Come early to avoid the crowds. The inside is really great, big rooms in pristine condition. Paintings on the ceiling, so this place is worth visiting
If u r into history. U can visit this palace BUT I HAVE SEEN FAR BETTER EUROPEAN PALACES AND WAY OLDER THAN THIS ONE AND BETTER MAINTAINED. it was actually a fair experience for me. Very mediocre furniture. Location is amazing.
Amazing palace! One of the most beautiful palaces I've ever visited. The place is so rich and has so many rooms and expensive things that will make you wonder how people could live in all that luxury while the general population suffered.