Events and Festivals in Istanbul
- Tulip Festival: It is said that Tulips originated in Turkey. If you want to see blooming Tulips then Tulip festival that takes place in Spring season is the best time to visit Istanbul.
- International Istanbul Puppet Festival: In the Ottoman Empire, puppet art was very popular which is now losing its charm. So to promote puppet art this festival is organized in the month of May in different parts of Istanbul.
- Grease Wrestling: Held in July, this event is celebrated by soaking the wrestlers in olive oil.
- International Istanbul Film Festival: Takes place in the month of March & April showcasing new releases from Turkey and around the world.
- Istanbul International Architecture and Urban Films Festival: Held in October, this festival celebrates International architecture.
- Akbank Jazz Festival: Held in October, needless to say that this Jazz festival one of the biggest in Turkey.
- Tüyap Book Fair: Held in October, this is an international book festival in Istanbul. People from over 30 nations participate in this fair to explore their love for books in an event that also gives them the opportunity to meet the literary stalwarts of the era.
- Efes Pilsen Blues Festival: Held in November, this music festival attracts a lot of visitors every year.
Trip plans for Istanbul
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Istanbul
Istanbul Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Istanbul
Save 9%Istanbul by Night: Turkish Dinner and Show160 Reviews
Duration: 4 Hrs
Istanbul by night means floodlit mosques, a fabulous Turkish dinner and a spectacular floorshow with bejeweled belly dancers....
Save 9%Turkish Coffee Tour and Coffee-Making Class20 Reviews
Duration: 3 Hrs 30 Mins
Perfect the art of pouring a delicious cup of Turkish coffee on a 3.5-hour coffee tour that includes a coffee-making class! P...
Save 9%Small-Group Istanbul in One Day Tour Including Topkapi Palace and Hagia Sophia1215 Reviews
Duration: 8 Hrs
Visit six top Istanbul attractions in one day on a full-day sightseeing tour of the city! The action-packed day includes a co...
Save 10%Full Day: Classic Istanbul Tour Including Blue Mosque, Hippodrome, Hagia Sophia and Topkapi Palace14 Reviews
Duration: 8 Hrs
This 8 hours tour starts at Hippodrome Square continues to the Blue Mosque as one of the landmarks of the city. Then visit to...
- Events & Festivals in Sirkeci
- Events & Festivals in Fatih
- Events & Festivals in Zeytinburnu
- Events & Festivals in Uskudar
- Events & Festivals in Umraniye
- Events & Festivals in Bostanci