Hagia Sophia9329 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Sultanahmet Mh., Ayasofya Meydanı, Fatih/İstanbul, Turkey, Istanbul
- Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +90-2125221750
- Ticket Price: 30 TRY
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Mosque, Religious Site, Landmark, Historical Site, Architecture
Through its history, the Hagia Sofia has seen several changes like being converted from an Orthodox Church to a mosque and then finally being converted into a museum. It is as stunning from the inside as it is from the outside. A must visit indeed! It is advised to buy tickets for Hagia Sofia in advance as a lot of people usually visit it. Get Hagia Sofia tickets from our ticket section and combine them with tickets for Hagia Sofia tours to make a superb combo package.
Also known as the Ayasofya, this was famous Greek Orthodox basilica, later a mosque and evetually a museum. Built in the middle of the 6th century, it contains a number of holy relics and was the centre of the Easter Orthodox Church for nearly a thousand years. It’s name means Holy Wisdom, and the main attraction of the museum is it’s own architecture and history. Near constant renovations keep the building and it’s frescoes and mosaics in a pristine shape. When you are visiting this museum it is also necessary to spare some time to visit the upper gallery of the museum. Moreover, the museum also looks very beautiful from the second floor and you can easily see the beauty of its interiors as well. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Istanbul itinerary 2 days.
Hagia Sophia Travel Tips
- If you have UNESCO cards, and so you can get in for free.
- If you own a press card, then also you can get in for free.
- Diverse cultural activities available for kids.
Entrance Ticket Details For Hagia Sophia
Hagia Sophia entrance fee:
- Adult Ticket Price: 30 TL
- Turkish children and teenagers 18 years old or younger.
- Foreign children 12 years or younger except Harem. For the Harem under 6 and younger.
- Citizens of the Turkish Republic 65 years old or older.
- For more categories of free entry, check the official website.
Hagia Sophia Hours
- Hagia Sophia Museum will be closed to visitors every monday from 02.05.2016.
- Hagia Sophia Museum is not available for visiting in the first days of Ramadan and Sacrifice Festivals for half time.
How to Reach Hagia Sophia
- Eminonu Transit IETT bus stop
- Ayasofya Konaklari
- Karakol Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Istanbul before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Istanbul and book an accommodation of your choice.
85.13% of people who visit Istanbul include Hagia Sophia in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
60.12% of people start their Hagia Sophia visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Hagia Sophia
66.01% of people prefer walking in order to reach Hagia Sophia