Hodjapasha Cultural Center, Istanbul
About Hodjapasha Cultural Center, Istanbul
Hodjapasha Cultural Center, Istanbul - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Hoca Pasa Mh., Hocapasa Hamamı Sk No:3, 34110 Istanbul, Turkey
Ticket Price: 60 TRY
Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 11:00 pm Details
Added 16.1K times in trip plans
Entertainment, Performance, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
For several nights in a week, the Hodjapasha cultural center organises traditional live dance performances by skilled artistes. The performance of the Whirling Dervishes are usually an hour long. Free drinks are provided as you watch. At the end of the performance they distribute DVD’s of the performances if you booked online; it is the best take away from Istanbul.
Hodjapasha Cultural Center Information
- Click pictures without flash.
- Book your best seats before you visit.
- Read about the culture before you visit, no explanations would be provided in program.
- Enjoy decoration and lighting of each performance.
- 15mins intermission would be given. You’ll get a free drink (tea/coffee/cold drink/juice/water).
- Tuesdays, Thursdays and on weekends watch belly dancing.
Hodjapasha Cultural Center Ticket Prices
- The one-hour performance of Turkish folk and belly dance costs TL70.
Hodjapasha Cultural Center Opening and Closing Hours
- The Whirling Dervish (Mevlevi) performance at Hodjapasha is held each evening at 7:30pm.
- Hodjapasha also hosts performances of Turkish folk and belly dance on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday evenings at 9:00pm.
How To reach Hodjapasha Cultural Center by Public Transport
- Ankara Caddesi
Restaurants Near Hodjapasha Cultural Center
- Pasazade Restaurant is 5mins away from the center
- Turvan: Hotel with friendly staff
- Old city Viva Hotel: Get location
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Istanbul before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Istanbul and book an accommodation of your choice.
Hodjapasha Cultural Center, Istanbul Reviews - Write a Review
Expensive for what you get but worth it. The dance itself is very simple and repetitive but you do get treated to a some authentic local music by veteran musicians. The performance space is nice too with exposed brickwork and an intimate feel.
An impressive ceremony. Mysterious and captivating. Something to live and feel much more than to see.
It's a good place with a good I but it's too crowded and the introduction part is missing
Good place to remain completely silent for one hour.Astonishing performance by the Derwaesh and good music.
It's authentic and has a great atmosphere..the neighborhood is one of the most interesting ones. Definitely great area to explore. Has different events hosted there. The Sufi dervishes are a key part of real Islamic experience. Very easy to get to.
- Nearby Attractions
- Cihangir Cd
- Turyol Eminönü Üsküdar Hattı
- Gallipoli Day Tours
- Zeynep Sultan Hotel
- Kutucular Cd. No:53
- Solar Plajı
- Forum Sk
- Deniz Taxi
- Halic Otomotiv
- Dolmabahçe Caddesi
- Istanbul Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Istanbul
- What to See in 48 Hours in Istanbul
- What to See in 72 Hours in Istanbul
- How to Spend 5 Days in Istanbul
- How to Spend 6 Days in Istanbul
- How to Spend 7 Days in Istanbul