Hodjapasha Cultural CenterCurrently Open [Closes at 11:00 pm]
- Address: Hoca Pasa Mh., Hocapasa Hamamı Sk No:3, 34110 Istanbul, Turkey
- Timings: 09:00 am - 11:00 pm Details
- Phone: +90-2125114626
- Ticket Price: 60 TRY
- Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
- Tags: Entertainment, Performance, Family And Kids
Hodjapasha Cultural Center - Review
For several nights in a week, the Hodjapasha cultural center organises traditional live dance performances by skilled artistes. The performance of the Whirling Dervishes are usually an hour long. Free drinks are provided as you watch. At the end of the performance they distribute DVD’s of the performances if you booked online; it is the best take away from Istanbul. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Istanbul itinerary 5 days.
Hodjapasha Cultural Center Information
- Click pictures without flash.
- Book your best seats before you visit.
- Read about the culture before you visit, no explanations would be provided in program.
- Enjoy decoration and lighting of each performance.
- 15mins intermission would be given. You’ll get a free drink (tea/coffee/cold drink/juice/water).
- Tuesdays, Thursdays and on weekends watch belly dancing.
Hodjapasha Cultural Center Ticket Prices
- The one-hour performance of Turkish folk and belly dance costs TL70.
Hodjapasha Cultural Center Hours
- The Whirling Dervish (Mevlevi) performance at Hodjapasha is held each evening at 7:30pm.
- Hodjapasha also hosts performances of Turkish folk and belly dance on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday evenings at 9:00pm.
How To reach Hodjapasha Cultural Center by Public Transport
- Ankara Caddesi
Restaurants Near Hodjapasha Cultural Center
- Pasazade Restaurant is 5mins away from the center
- Turvan: Hotel with friendly staff
- Old city Viva Hotel: Get location
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Istanbul before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Istanbul and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Hodjapasha Cultural Center
25.11% of people who visit Istanbul include Hodjapasha Cultural Center in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
33.73% of people start their Hodjapasha Cultural Center visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Hodjapasha Cultural Center
82.82% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Hodjapasha Cultural Center
Hodjapasha Cultural Center Trips
Hodjapasha Cultural Center, Istanbul Reviews
Overall a pleasant experience if you are already dead set on catching a whirling show. If you don’t know what a whirling show is, it’s a show where you watch 4 dudes spinning perpetually until you pass the . out. The dance will put you in trance for the first 20 minutes of the show and is definitely a must see. After 20 minutes, consider it a nice napping session to ready yourself for a night out.
We didn't quite get that spiritual vibe we were hoping we'd experience! Did not live up to our expectations.. performers were keen to what they're doing but they did not quite deliver an authentic feeling.. music was not mesmerizing.. you get bored a little half way through.. dance kinda repetitive.. overall it was ok but not great! p.s. thank you performers :p please don't get upset if you read this. It is not personal just our opinion
It's a prayer ceremony. It's not a performance. It's not a spectacle either. I am not sure what the rationale is behind ticketing and selling this. It is special what the dervishes do, and they pray and whirl in all earnestness. The prayer itself is calming. But I don't think it enriches us (the audience) in any way.
We had a great time here watching the whirling dervish ceremony. The seats were numbered thus making the seating process smooth. The renovated hamami made it authentic experience, however I would suggest a proper screen for the projector rather than using the brick wall. If only they would allow us to take pictures of the ceremony, it would be wonderful.
Amazing experience really enjoyed the show and experience of the dervishes. It does get hot in the room as there is no air conditioning so bring water and wear lightweight clothing. Other than that it is a must see show and definitely in everyone's top 10 list of things to do in Istanbul