For several nights in a week, the Hodjapasha cultural center organises traditional live dance performances by skilled artistes. The performance of the Whirling Dervishes are usually an hour long. Free drinks are provided as you watch. At the end of the performance they distribute DVD’s of the performances if you booked online; it is the best take away from Istanbul. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Istanbul itinerary 5 days.
- Click pictures without flash.
- Book your best seats before you visit.
- Read about the culture before you visit, no explanations would be provided in program.
- Enjoy decoration and lighting of each performance.
- 15mins intermission would be given. You’ll get a free drink (tea/coffee/cold drink/juice/water).
- Tuesdays, Thursdays and on weekends watch belly dancing.
- The one-hour performance of Turkish folk and belly dance costs TL70.
- The Whirling Dervish (Mevlevi) performance at Hodjapasha is held each evening at 7:30pm.
- Hodjapasha also hosts performances of Turkish folk and belly dance on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday evenings at 9:00pm.
- Ankara Caddesi
- Pasazade Restaurant is 5mins away from the center
- Turvan: Hotel with friendly staff
- Old city Viva Hotel: Get location
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Istanbul before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Istanbul and book an accommodation of your choice.
25.01% of people who visit Istanbul include Hodjapasha Cultural Center in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
33.73% of people start their Hodjapasha Cultural Center visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Hodjapasha Cultural Center
82.82% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Hodjapasha Cultural Center
Overall a pleasant experience if you are already dead set on catching a whirling show. If you don’t know what a whirling show is, it’s a show where you watch 4 dudes spinning perpetually until you pass the . out. The dance will put you in trance for the first 20 minutes of the show and is definitely a must see. After 20 minutes, consider it a nice napping session to ready yourself for a night out.
The place is so beautiful and authentic. When you entrance in the building you feel like you are in a different reality. The personal are very kind and polite. All of them know English and explain what you need to do all the time. I am very happy and satisfied from the experience and I will come back definitely.
Really great cultural dance performance in the round. Not too long. Dancers are really good. A little tight. Projected lights, black light and strobe lighting that may be difficult for some.
You might find this interesting if you're super into Sufi culture and absolutely must see whirling dervish performance. Just bare in mind this is more of a performance than a spiritual experience and will feel as such.
If you are going to the Dervishes show is gonna be kind of boring, because this is not meant to be a show. So it is not gonna be entertaining. So many people yawning during the show waiting for it the end. But if u go for the rhythm of the dance, it’s gonna be more fun and interesting. Very well trained performers that will make u amazed .