How to Reach Istanbul - The Easiest Way to Reach Istanbul
HOW TO GET TO ISTANBUL
- By Air: The Ataturk International Istanbul Airport which is located in the European part of the Istanbul is 28kms from the main city centre. It is well connected with all the major cities throughout the globe with frequent international & domestic flights to Istanbul. From airport you can avail public transport such as city bus, trams, cabs, metro & shuttle to reach the main city centre.
- By Road: Located at a distance of 10 kms from Sultanahmet is the International Istanbul Intercity Bus Terminal. Buses are well connected to Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, and Germany & Middle East. Car can also be hired for pick and drop service to the airport & bus terminal.
- By Train: There are trains which run from Istanbul to whole of Europe. There are two railway stations in Istanbul, Sirkeci Train Station which is in the European part and Haydarpasa Train Station which is on the Asian part.
HOW TO GET AROUND ISTANBUL
Istanbul has an excellent system of public transport that makes it easier for the tourists to roam around.
- On Foot: The best way to explore a city is undoubtedly on foot. It gives you an opportunity to marvel at the city’s unique architecture that is a blend of European and Asian art.
- By Taxi: Taxis are plentiful in Istanbul and are more likely to hail you than vice versa.
- By Bus: Metropolitan buses in Istanbul are frequent, comprehensive, economical, and easy.
- By Dolmus: Dolmus are yellow minivans that operate like group taxis with set routes. A relatively informal system, dolmus run daily from early morning to early evening. A dolmus will leave its terminus (marked with a blue "D") only when it fills up (the word dolmus means "stuffed") and then pick up and drop off passengers along the route.
- By Metro: Starting in the 1990's, a modern and extensive (and often confusing) light rail system has been constructed in all parts of the city.
- By Tram: Trams in Istanbul are fast, comfortable and connect most of the landmarks in the city to each other.
Are you looking for a Istanbul travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Istanbul
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Istanbul. The most preferred mode of transport in Istanbul is Car.
Average distance: 21.37 km Average time: 53.97 min
Car 47.72%Driving 50.93 min Walking 0.82 min Other 0.22 min Overall average time for 25.17 kms 51.98 min
Walking 11.23%Walking 28.28 min Driving 5.78 min Bus 3.09 min Waiting 2.28 min Train 1.47 min Motorbike 1.19 min Bike 0.22 min Other 0.03 min Overall average time for 7.02 kms 42.34 min
Motorbike 4.21%Motorbike 25.58 min Walking 0.08 min Overall average time for 16.67 kms 25.67 min
Bike 0.35%Bike 15 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 3 kms 17 min
Bus/Trolleybus 23.51%Bus 41.24 min Walking 9.66 min Waiting 7.64 min Train 3.6 min Other 1.72 min Driving 0.45 min Tram 0.15 min Overall average time for 20.48 kms 64.45 min
Train/Metro 5.96%Train 41.53 min Walking 12.47 min Waiting 6.94 min Bus 3.47 min Other 1.76 min Overall average time for 26.12 kms 66.18 min
Tram/Streetcar 0.35%Tram 20 min Walking 15 min Overall average time for 10 kms 35 min
How to Reach Istanbul from Nearby Cities
|Beyoğlu to Istanbul||3.15 km||3 mins|
|Umraniye to Istanbul||14.68 km||14 mins|
|Ataşehir to Istanbul||17.49 km||17 mins|
|Esenyurt to Istanbul||31.04 km||31 mins|
|Yalova to Istanbul||47.59 km||47 mins|
|Gebze to Istanbul||55.04 km||55 mins|
|Bursa to Istanbul||79.99 km||1 hour 19 mins|
|Izmit to Istanbul||110.18 km||1 hour 50 mins|
|Köseköy to Istanbul||114.59 km||1 hour 54 mins|
|Bandirma to Istanbul||127.05 km||2 hours 7 mins|