How to Reach Istanbul, Turkey
The Easiest Way to Reach Istanbul
HOW TO GET TO ISTANBUL
- By Air: The Ataturk International Istanbul Airport which is located in the European part of the Istanbul is 28kms from the main city centre. It is well connected with all the major cities throughout the globe with frequent international & domestic flights to Istanbul. From airport you can avail public transport such as city bus, trams, cabs, metro & shuttle to reach the main city centre.
- By Road: Located at a distance of 10 kms from Sultanahmet is the International Istanbul Intercity Bus Terminal. Buses are well connected to Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, and Germany & Middle East. Car can also be hired for pick and drop service to the airport & bus terminal.
- By Train: There are trains which run from Istanbul to whole of Europe. There are two railway stations in Istanbul, Sirkeci Train Station which is in the European part and Haydarpasa Train Station which is on the Asian part.
HOW TO GET AROUND ISTANBUL
Istanbul has an excellent system of public transport that makes it easier for the tourists to roam around.
- On Foot: The best way to explore a city is undoubtedly on foot. It gives you an opportunity to marvel at the city’s unique architecture that is a blend of European and Asian art.
- By Taxi: Taxis are plentiful in Istanbul and are more likely to hail you than vice versa.
- By Bus: Metropolitan buses in Istanbul are frequent, comprehensive, economical, and easy.
- By Dolmus: Dolmus are yellow minivans that operate like group taxis with set routes. A relatively informal system, dolmus run daily from early morning to early evening. A dolmus will leave its terminus (marked with a blue "D") only when it fills up (the word dolmus means "stuffed") and then pick up and drop off passengers along the route.
- By Metro: Starting in the 1990's, a modern and extensive (and often confusing) light rail system has been constructed in all parts of the city.
- By Tram: Trams in Istanbul are fast, comfortable and connect most of the landmarks in the city to each other.
Are you looking for a Istanbul travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Istanbul
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Istanbul. The most preferred mode of transport in Istanbul is Car.
Average distance: 21.01 km Average time: 54.07 min
Car 45.71%Driving 50.5 min Walking 0.97 min Other 0.27 min Overall average time for 24.51 kms 51.74 min
Walking 11.43%Walking 29.89 min Driving 6.07 min Bus 3.54 min Waiting 2.5 min Train 1.61 min Motorbike 1.36 min Bike 0.25 min Overall average time for 7.3 kms 45.21 min
Motorbike 4.9%Motorbike 25.58 min Walking 0.08 min Overall average time for 16.67 kms 25.67 min
Bus/Trolleybus 24.9%Bus 40.79 min Walking 9.7 min Waiting 7.72 min Train 3.7 min Other 1.48 min Driving 0.49 min Tram 0.16 min Overall average time for 20.75 kms 64.05 min
Train/Metro 5.71%Train 36.5 min Walking 10.86 min Waiting 8 min Bus 4.21 min Other 2.86 min Overall average time for 25.5 kms 62.43 min
Tram/Streetcar 0.41%Tram 20 min Walking 15 min Overall average time for 10 kms 35 min
How to Reach Istanbul from Nearby Cities
|Beyoğlu to Istanbul||3.15 km||3 mins|
|Ataşehir to Istanbul||17.49 km||17 mins|
|Esenyurt to Istanbul||31.04 km||31 mins|
|Yalova to Istanbul||48.1 km||2 hours 31 mins|
|Izmit to Istanbul||110.18 km||1 hour 50 mins|
|Bandirma to Istanbul||127.05 km||2 hours 7 mins|
|Bursa to Istanbul||181.83 km||2 hours 15 mins|
- How to reach Arnavutkoy
- How to reach Kurna Köyü
- How to reach Bursa
- How to reach Sapanca
- How to reach Eskisehir
- How to reach Edirne
- How to reach Bolu
- How to reach Edremit
- How to reach Canakkale
- How to reach Ordu
- How to reach Mardin
- How to reach Pamukkale
- How to reach Ankara
- How to reach Izmir
- How to reach Kusadasi