Istanbul Archaeological Museum7154 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 34122 Fatih/Istanbul, Turkey
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +90-2125207740
- Ticket Price: 20 TRY
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Museums, Specialty Museums
There are actually three museums here dedicated to Archeology, the Islamic Arts and the Ancient Orient. Built in the 19th century, the museums have gained quite an impressive collection including what could possibly the first documented love poem, the world’s first peace treaty, relics from Sidon, Babylon and Assyria, Greek and Roman statuary, pottery, a sarcophagus collection and the main highlight, which is the Alexander Sarcophagus. Clear details of each exhibit are provided in both English and Turkish. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Istanbul itinerary 2 days.
Istanbul Archaeological Museum Travel Tips
- Booking counters closes one hour before the ending time.
- No eatable allowed inside the museum.
Entrance Ticket Details For Istanbul Archaeological Museum
- For Museum Pass option, check the official website.
Istanbul Archaeological Museum Hours
- Hours of Ticket Sales: 9.00 am-4.00 pm
How to Reach Istanbul Archaeological Museum
- Eminonu Bus Stop
- Best Western the President Hotel
- Georges Hotel - Omar cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Istanbul before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Istanbul and book an accommodation of your choice.
64.61% of people who visit Istanbul include Istanbul Archaeological Museum in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
32.39% of people start their Istanbul Archaeological Museum visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Istanbul Archaeological Museum
63.22% of people prefer walking in order to reach Istanbul Archaeological Museum