Istanbul modern is the museum of the modern art and is one of the best arts available in Istanbul.
This place was inaugurated in 2004. This place prominently features the Turkish artwork. This museum is located in Bosphorus in one of the converted warehouses and is located in the neighborhood of Tophane. It is of its first kind in Turkey. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Istanbul itinerary 2 days.
- You can go on a walk in order to explore this place.
- This is a big place and will take time of yours, therefore it is better to plan accordingly.
- All museum facilities are wheelchair accessible.
- Visitors are welcome to bring their own strollers. Strollers are available from the cloakroom on the upper floor.
- Smoking, food and drink are not allowed in the galleries.
- Only non-professional photo-shooting for personal use is allowed on the museum’s main floor.
- Regular: 25 TL
- Discounted (Students, 65 and older): 14 TL
- Group (More than 10 people): 20 TL
- Museum Members, Children Under 12, Visitors with Disabilities, ICOM and CIMAM Cardholders: Free
- Free admission on Thursdays for residents of Turkey.
- For film screening prices and parking fees, refer to the official website.
- Closed on first day of religious holidays.
- Visitors can reach the museum by bus or tram getting off at the Tophane stop.
- Ali Baba Nargile resturant
- Tophane Resturant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Istanbul before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Istanbul and book an accommodation of your choice.
33.16% of people who visit Istanbul include Istanbul Modern in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
44.67% of people start their Istanbul Modern visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Istanbul Modern
93.98% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Istanbul Modern
Easy to locate the museum. A few art works were interesting to me, not all. I had more expectation actually. Then again new art works are displayed from time to time, so maybe it was during my visit i did not find anything too exciting. If one wants to skip this place, you did not miss out much. Paid entrance. Clean restrooms. Stairs and elevators are available. Nice location outside the museum too, you could walk next to the water.
Here you will not find any ancient artifacts, just modern art. So, its great place to visit if you are open minded person and ready to see something new or even strange. Also there are a free library, book and gift stores, small cafeteria
Modern, delightful, artistic. This place is an art itself. The decoration is brilliant. I like it. But I should warn a bit expensive, also there are free days I you can catch.
It is worth a visit but this museum displays too many second rate pieces which lower the overall quality. Nice staff. The entrance fee is 40TL (6€). Photography is allowed.
It's not bad but the new place is way smaller. It took me 1 hour or less to watch everything and I took my time. If the old place gets fixed they will move back and u will be able to enjoy way more. All in all its a solid museum but it didn't realy touch me.