Istanbul Modern, Istanbul
About Istanbul Modern, Istanbul
Istanbul Modern, Istanbul - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Meclis-i Mebusan Cad., 34433 Beyoglu/Istanbul, Turkey
Ticket Price: 25 TRY
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
Added 22.9K times in trip plans
Art Museum, Museum, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Istanbul modern is the museum of the modern art and is one of the best arts available in Istanbul.
This place was inaugurated in 2004. This place prominently features the Turkish artwork. This museum is located in Bosphorus in one of the converted warehouses and is located in the neighborhood of Tophane. It is of its first kind in Turkey.
Istanbul Modern Information
- You can go on a walk in order to explore this place.
- This is a big place and will take time of yours, therefore it is better to plan accordingly.
- All museum facilities are wheelchair accessible.
- Visitors are welcome to bring their own strollers. Strollers are available from the cloakroom on the upper floor.
- Smoking, food and drink are not allowed in the galleries.
- Only non-professional photo-shooting for personal use is allowed on the museum’s main floor.
Istanbul Modern Ticket Prices
- Regular: 25 TL
- Discounted (Students, 65 and older): 14 TL
- Group (More than 10 people): 20 TL
- Museum Members, Children Under 12, Visitors with Disabilities, ICOM and CIMAM Cardholders: Free
- Free admission on Thursdays for residents of Turkey.
- For film screening prices and parking fees, refer to the official website.
Istanbul Modern Opening and Closing Hours
- Closed on first day of religious holidays.
How To reach Istanbul Modern by Public Transport
- Visitors can reach the museum by bus or tram getting off at the Tophane stop.
Restaurants Near Istanbul Modern
- Ali Baba Nargile resturant
- Tophane Resturant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Istanbul before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Istanbul and book an accommodation of your choice.
Istanbul Modern, Istanbul Reviews - Write a Review
The museum is not famous among tourists, but this is worth visiting. In case you have free time and 20 TL(approx 3 EUR) go to this museum. Permanent exhibition is impressive! On top, there is a restaurant on he 2nd floor with the perfect Bosporus view.
Excellent value for money. Great exhibitions. Round the day off with a snack and drink overlooking the Bosphorus
Wonderful exhibitions, wonderful environment. I feel like its odd location makes it even more charming. Unfortunately, it seems like not very popular among tourists. I believe all the people with interest in art should visit.
Perfect for a couple of hours, nice museum on the inside, the art featured was also enjoyable to look at and read about. There's also a nice restaurant with an outdoor terrace overlooking the water.
Lovely, small gallery. Good collection, predominantly Turkish and some foreign artist.. Lovely helpful staff. Magnificent view from the gallery and the restaurant.
- Nearby Attractions
- Ramada Canta
- Gazeteci Erol Demek Sokak
- Dilan Shopping Center
- Tel Sokak
- Bayrak Çıkmazı Sokak
- Namli Gurme
- Doy Doy Köfte Salonu
- Nil Baharat
- İtÜ Maçka Kampüsü
- Istanbul Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Istanbul
- What to See in 48 Hours in Istanbul
- What to See in 72 Hours in Istanbul
- How to Spend 5 Days in Istanbul
- How to Spend 6 Days in Istanbul
- How to Spend 7 Days in Istanbul