Laleli Mosque44 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Kemal Pasa, Ordu Cad., 34134 Fatih/Istanbul, Turkey Map
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Mosque, Religious Site, Architecture
Built in baroque Ottoman imperial style of architecture, the Laleli mosque in Istanbul is a beautiful piece of architecture that resonates with spirituality and religious faith. Built by Sultan Mustafa III from 1760–1763, this mosque was given its architectural shape by architect Mehmet Tahir Aga. Its complex consists of a mosque, a soup kitchen, a fountain, a mausoleum and a medresse. Must see here is its central dome that is supported by three semi domes located at the entrance and the kiblah. The Alem’s - decorative metal device at the top of the minarets- are unusual. It was designed in the Baroque style and is illuminated by 105 windows. Do visit this mosque to wonder at this beautiful architecture.
Laleli Mosque Travel Tips
- Shorts should not be worn by men and women during the visits of mosques and tombs.
Entrance Ticket Details For Laleli Mosque
- Entry is free.
Laleli Mosque Hours
- Closed at prayer times.
How to Reach Laleli Mosque
- By Light Rail station: Laleli
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Istanbul before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Istanbul and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Laleli Mosque Address: Kemal Pasa, Ordu Cad., 34134 Fatih/Istanbul, Turkey
- Time required to visit Laleli Mosque: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.33% of people who visit Istanbul include Laleli Mosque in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
87.5% of people start their Laleli Mosque visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Laleli Mosque
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Laleli Mosque
People normally club together German Fountain and Ortakoy Mosque while planning their visit to Laleli Mosque.