Suleymaniye Mosque2693 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Suleymaniye, Prof. Siddik Sami Onar Cd. No:1, 34116 Fatih/Istanbul, Turkey Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Mosque, Religious Site, Landmark, Architecture
It is one of the best examples of the architecture of the Ottoman Empire. This place was built by the Sultan Suleiman and is very popular among the tourists and people of Istanbul.
This place is also holding the tombs of emperor Suleiman as well as his wife Hurrem. This mosque was the part of larger complex which included educational as well as social service building. The guesthouse domes are also visible beyond wall to right and is one of the subsidiary buildings. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Istanbul itinerary 5 days.
Suleymaniye Mosque Travel Tips
- Closed to the public during prayer times.
- It is the best place for those interested in History.
- You can also enjoy many recreational activities at this place.
Suleymaniye Mosque Hours
- The entrance is free, donations are accepted.
How to Reach Suleymaniye Mosque
- Eminonu Kantarcilar
- Mimar Sinan Cafe
- Haca Abdullah Lokantasa
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Istanbul before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Istanbul and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Suleymaniye Mosque Address: Suleymaniye, Prof. Siddik Sami Onar Cd. No:1, 34116 Fatih/Istanbul, Turkey
- Suleymaniye Mosque Timing: 09:00 am - 05:30 pm
- Best time to visit Suleymaniye Mosque(preferred time): 09:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Time required to visit Suleymaniye Mosque: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
19.9% of people who visit Istanbul include Suleymaniye Mosque in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
40.31% of people start their Suleymaniye Mosque visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Suleymaniye Mosque
93.91% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Suleymaniye Mosque
People normally club together Eyup Sultan Mosque and Istiklal Avenue while planning their visit to Suleymaniye Mosque.