Sultan Ahmed Mosque9502 Votes Currently Open
- Address: At Meydanı No:7, 34122 Fatih/İstanbul, Turkey, Istanbul
- Timings: 08:30 am - 04:45 pm Details
- Phone: +90-2124584468
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Mosque, Religious Site, Landmark, Architecture
Sprawling, lavish and yet elegant, this is Turkey’s most popular mosque. It was built in the early 17th century. It’s interiors are decorated with over 20000 hand made tiles with tulip patterns. Instead of focusing on grandeur, the mosque focuses on space and tranquillity, bringing out a reality that other mosques just can’t match. If you hang about till night time, there are always some stalls around that will sell you souvenirs. Just mind your dress code and don’t visit during prayer time. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Istanbul itinerary 2 days.
Sultan Ahmed Mosque Travel Tips
- The closing time may vary during prayer time – sunrise, afternoon, evening and night, generally 30 mins after Prayer time and 2 hours during Friday noon prayer.
- Women visitors should carry a scarf to cover their head and shoulders and should put on full length cloths.
- Men should wear trousers.
- The call to prayer means that the prayer is about to start.
- No food and footwear allowed inside the mosque.
- Clicking pictures are allowed, but should not point the other side of the camera while someone is putting up prayer.
- You should maintain decorum inside the mosque, please put your mobile in silent mode.
Sultan Ahmed Mosque Hours
- The mosque is closed to visitors (who don’t want to pray) during Prayer Times.
The timings for prayers are
- Imsak / Fajr: Two hours before dawn
- Gunes /Tulu: Dawn
- Ogle / Zuhr: Midday
- Ikindi / Asr: Afternoon
- Aksam / Maghrib: Sunset
- Yatsi / Isha: Right before last light of the day
How to Reach Sultan Ahmed Mosque
- Aksaray Metro Station
- Sultanahmet Fish House
- Alzer hotel: Best hotel has a great location
- Hotel Fehmi Bey: Sea view hotel
- Turkish old hotel
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Istanbul before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Istanbul and book an accommodation of your choice.
82.35% of people who visit Istanbul include Sultan Ahmed Mosque in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
80.69% of people start their Sultan Ahmed Mosque visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Sultan Ahmed Mosque
57.92% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sultan Ahmed Mosque