Topkapi PalaceCurrently Closed
- Address: Topkapı Sarayı, Cankurtaran Mahallesi, 34122 Fatih/İstanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:45 pm Details
- Phone: +90-2125120480
- Ticket Price: 40 TRY
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Historical Site, Palace, Family And Kids, Arts And Crafts
This was the promary residence of the Ottoman Kings for 400 years during their six century reign, as well as an important dimplomatic royal entertainment hub. People are drawn here primary by exhibits of items belonging to Prophet Mohammed himself. There’s a room displaying finely crafted Ottoman clocks and watches. Also visit the Treasury, the Kitchen and the Harem rooms. The audio guide is reputedly very good. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Istanbul itinerary 2 days.
- Do check the traditional and precious jewels of the sultan.
- Ticket Price for one person for the main entrance is 40 TL except Harem Section.
- Harem and Halberdiers with Tresses Dormitory Ticket : 25 TL
- Hagia Irene Ticket: 20 TL
- Check the official website to check out who all are eligible for free entry.
Timings mentioned are those of Museum, Harem and Hagia Irene
- Winter Season Timings (Between October 26th - April 15th): 9:00 am - 4:45 pm, Ticket booths close at 4:00 pm.
- Summer Season (Between April 15th - October 26th): 9:00 am - 6:45 pm, Ticket booths close at 6:00 pm.
For museum timings, refer official website.They vary a great deal.
- Sirkeci Train Station
- Olimpiyat Hotel: Traditional Turkish delight
- Pamphylia: Modern 7 floors hotel has wide range of food and cuisine
- Best Town Palace Hotel: Business class hotel
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Istanbul before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Istanbul and book an accommodation of your choice.
84% of people who visit Istanbul include Topkapi Palace in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
47.28% of people start their Topkapi Palace visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Topkapi Palace
66.96% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Topkapi Palace
The best time to visit is early in the morning (if it's on the weekend). But I would suggest to visit not in the weekend since it is a very touristic area and you will not be able to enjoy the area with so many people. And also the lines for the tickets can be long. For me the most interesting place there is the Kitchen and the clock museum. And of course the amazing view of the city of Istanbul from this palace.
It is one of my great experience of my life to visit this museum in Istanbul Turkey. The visit really helped me explore and learn the life and thoughts of the people lived in historic times. Turkey is one of the greatest place which holds secrets of the historic times. No matter how many times I have visited Turkey it has never been enough. A country to visit in all the season.
Visited as part of a Gate 1 travel tour. Went on a Saturday and it was crowded but still able to get around ok. The history and site itself is exceptional with a variety of buildings available from an old library to the main living quarters to the oldest Mosque in the world. Our guide was the best but we also wandered around on our own. Loved it and was a full day of activities.
Amazing place, remodeling some parts but also very nice place and helpful to discover more about the turkey culture. It will be better if they have more employees to give the translator headphones because with 40 degrees it’s awful to wait, it’s better if you don’t bring big backpacks or umbrellas etc because you need to leave it at the front desk.
I love this palace it’s full with history and charm. The entrance to the palace is 40 lira. If you like to see the haram you have to pay another 20 Lira. In my opinion it’s worth it. The architecture is amazing. We spent more than 3 hours to check all rooms. Sea view in the final garden is awesome 😎
Topkapı SarayıAnswer Report Abuse
Where is Topkapi Palace in İstanbul?Answer Report Abuse
Topkapi Palace is one of the best things to do in Istanbul. It is located at this address - Topkapı Sarayı, Cankurtaran Mahallesi, 34122 Fatih/İstanbul.Report Abuse