Topkapi Palace, Istanbul
About Topkapi Palace, Istanbul
Topkapi Palace, Istanbul - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Topkapı Sarayı, Cankurtaran Mahallesi, 34122 Fatih/İstanbul
Ticket Price: 40 TRY
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 06:45 pm Details
Added 57.1K times in trip plans
Landmark, Historical Site, Palace, Family And Kids, Arts And Crafts
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This was the promary residence of the Ottoman Kings for 400 years during their six century reign, as well as an important dimplomatic royal entertainment hub. People are drawn here primary by exhibits of items belonging to Prophet Mohammed himself. There’s a room displaying finely crafted Ottoman clocks and watches. Also visit the Treasury, the Kitchen and the Harem rooms. The audio guide is reputedly very good.
Topkapi Palace Information
- Do check the traditional and precious jewels of the sultan.
Topkapi Palace Ticket Prices
- Ticket Price for one person for the main entrance is 40 TL except Harem Section.
- Harem and Halberdiers with Tresses Dormitory Ticket : 25 TL
- Hagia Irene Ticket: 20 TL
- Check the official website to check out who all are eligible for free entry.
Topkapi Palace Opening and Closing Hours
Timings mentioned are those of Museum, Harem and Hagia Irene
- Winter Season Timings (Between October 26th - April 15th): 9:00 am - 4:45 pm, Ticket booths close at 4:00 pm.
- Summer Season (Between April 15th - October 26th): 9:00 am - 6:45 pm, Ticket booths close at 6:00 pm.
For museum timings, refer official website.They vary a great deal.
How To reach Topkapi Palace by Public Transport
- Sirkeci Train Station
Restaurants Near Topkapi Palace
- Olimpiyat Hotel: Traditional Turkish delight
- Pamphylia: Modern 7 floors hotel has wide range of food and cuisine
- Best Town Palace Hotel: Business class hotel
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Istanbul before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Istanbul and book an accommodation of your choice.
Topkapi Palace, Istanbul Reviews - Write a Review
A huge tourist attraction, you will need up to half day to make the most of your visit. The place is rich with history, and the setup is very informative in English, Turkish and Arabic. They also provide an audio guide which is well worth it. There are also good views and seating areas around the entire palace. There is a cafeteria were you can get refreshments.
It is very interesting place! Huge! Many interesting details. Maps and signs are good, well secured place. Although part of it on renovation(end of October), still so much you can see. Only queue to the ticket office was for about 20 minutes. And please - chargers!
It has amazing artifacts and very beneficial knowledge. Quick tip no need to exchange money to buy your entrance ticket which is 40 lira for the one museum. If you'll be there for a few days there's an option you get a 5 day pass for only double that. You may need Turkish money to rent the audio guide it's only 20 TL. Of the things you will see: Prophet Muhammad's footprint Swords of his comanions The Staff of Moses Belongings to other Prophets and more. Taking photos are not allowed but I didn't know so I'm sharing them.
Impressive museum. In the 15th century, it served as the main residence and administrative headquarters of the Ottoman sultans. Be there early as the queues are huge and there are 'certified' guides that offer you faster entrance for a rip off price and a guided tool of questionable quality.
Visiting this palace was one of my dream. I got so excited seeing this palace in real :) This palace is one of its own. Such a rich history!
- Nearby Attractions
- Dogaciyiz.com Gourmet Şarküteri
- Bosphorus Boat Trip
- Hippodrome Of Constantinople
- Blue Mosque
- Kılıç Ali Paşa Hamamı
- Amida House
- Omer Avni Mahallesi Muhtarligi
- Istanbul Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Istanbul
- What to See in 48 Hours in Istanbul
- What to See in 72 Hours in Istanbul
- How to Spend 5 Days in Istanbul
- How to Spend 6 Days in Istanbul
- How to Spend 7 Days in Istanbul