Itacarambi is a municipality in the north of the state of Minas Gerais in Brazil. As of 2007 the population was 17,626 in an area of 1,252 km².
* The elevation of the municipal seat is 445 meters.
* It became a municipality in 1962.
* The postal code (CEP) is 39470-000.
* Statistical microregion: Januária Icaraí de Minas is located on the left bank of the São Francisco River between Januária and Manga. It is connected to Januária by paved BR-135. The distance is 63 km. The economy is based on agriculture with emphasis on cattle raising. There were 39,000 head in 2006. The main agricultural crops were corn, manioc, sugarcane, and mamona--castor oil plant. The GDP was R$65,000,000 in 2005.
* Municipal Human Development Index: .622 (2000)
* State ranking: 801 out of 853 municipalities as of 2000
* National ranking: 4,267 out of 5,138 municipalities as of 2000 (For the complete list see Frigoletto) Wikipedia
Itacarambi in Brazil offers a unique experience to travellers. 1-2 days is an ideal duration of visit to Itacarambi.
Don't just take a trip, let the trip take you! Have a enjoyable time at Itacarambi.
Explore the best travel planner for your visit to Itacarambi and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!