How to Reach Izmir, Turkey
The Easiest Way to Reach Izmir
HOW TO GET TO IZMIR
- By Air: Adnan Menderes Airport is the official airport and serves daily flights to Izmir to and from major Turkish cities like Ankara, Istanbul and Antalya. There are also regular flights from all the major European cities.
- By Bus: The Izmir bus station is huge and has comfortable daily buses to Istanbul.
- By Train: Izmir has two major railway stations and has connections to Ankara, Denizli and Isparta. There is also train services from Istanbul to Izmir with a connect ferry at Bandirma.
- By Boat: There are two weekly ferries between Venice and Izmir. Also, cruises serve ferry boats to Izmir.
HOW TO GET AROUND IZMIR
- By Ferries: Public ferries are easily available and serve as a major Izmir transportation.
- By Bus: The public bus system has a well-spread over the entire city and is convenient to use.
- By Train: The train line can also be used to move around the city as it runs between all the areas.
- By Metro: The metro service in the city connecting the major parts.
- By Taxi: You can also hire a taxi or rent a car to move around Izmir.
- On Foot: There are plenty of walking routes in the city making it pleasant to walk around.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Izmir and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Izmir
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Izmir. The most preferred mode of transport in Izmir is Car.
Average distance: 20.14 km Average time: 37.79 min
Car 32.35%Driving 34.27 min Walking 0.68 min Overall average time for 30 kms 34.95 min
Bus/Trolleybus 17.65%Bus 26.67 min Walking 7 min Waiting 4.17 min Overall average time for 11.15 kms 37.83 min
Bike 5.88%Bike 10 min Overall average time for 4.5 kms 10 min
Train/Metro 17.65%Train 31.83 min Walking 8 min Waiting 4.83 min Bus 2.5 min Overall average time for 28 kms 47.17 min
Walking 14.71%Walking 37 min Driving 5.4 min Train 4 min Waiting 2 min Bus 1 min Overall average time for 8.78 kms 49.4 min
Motorbike 2.94%Motorbike 8 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 6.5 kms 10 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Izmir
- How to reach Kusadasi
- How to reach Ayvalik
- How to reach Bodrum
- How to reach Pamukkale
- How to reach Denizli
- How to reach Canakkale
- How to reach Tırazlı Köyü
- How to reach Kisir Köyü
- How to reach Adil Köyü
- How to Reach Top Cities in Turkey
- How to reach Istanbul
- How to reach Ordu
- How to reach Mardin
- How to reach Ankara
- How to reach Bursa
- How to reach Sinop
- How to reach Antalya
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Southampton
- How to reach Mainz
- How to reach Liverpool