How to Reach Izmir
The Easiest Way to Reach Izmir
HOW TO GET TO IZMIR
- By Air: Adnan Menderes Airport is the official airport and serves daily flights to Izmir to and from major Turkish cities like Ankara, Istanbul and Antalya. There are also regular flights from all the major European cities.
- By Bus: The Izmir bus station is huge and has comfortable daily buses to Istanbul.
- By Train: Izmir has two major railway stations and has connections to Ankara, Denizli and Isparta. There is also train services from Istanbul to Izmir with a connect ferry at Bandirma.
- By Boat: There are two weekly ferries between Venice and Izmir. Also, cruises serve ferry boats to Izmir.
HOW TO GET AROUND IZMIR
- By Ferries: Public ferries are easily available and serve as a major Izmir transportation.
- By Bus: The public bus system has a well-spread over the entire city and is convenient to use.
- By Train: The train line can also be used to move around the city as it runs between all the areas.
- By Metro: The metro service in the city connecting the major parts.
- By Taxi: You can also hire a taxi or rent a car to move around Izmir.
- On Foot: There are plenty of walking routes in the city making it pleasant to walk around.
Modes of Transportation in Izmir
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Izmir. The most preferred mode of transport in Izmir is Car.
Average distance: 20.31 km Average time: 37.88 min
Car 34.38%Driving 34.27 min Walking 0.68 min Overall average time for 30 kms 34.95 min
Bus/Trolleybus 18.75%Bus 26.67 min Walking 7 min Waiting 4.17 min Overall average time for 11.15 kms 37.83 min
Bike 6.25%Bike 10 min Overall average time for 4.5 kms 10 min
Train/Metro 18.75%Train 31.83 min Walking 8 min Waiting 4.83 min Bus 2.5 min Overall average time for 28 kms 47.17 min
Walking 12.5%Walking 42.5 min Driving 6.75 min Waiting 1.25 min Train 1.25 min Bus 1.25 min Overall average time for 7.23 kms 53 min
Motorbike 3.13%Motorbike 8 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 6.5 kms 10 min
- Other Cities on Triphobo
- How To Reach Konya
- How To Reach Samsun
- How To Reach Edirne
- How To Reach Goreme
- How To Reach Safranbolu
- How To Reach Gaziantep
- How To Reach Trabzon
- How To Reach Diyarbakir
- How To Reach Eskisehir
- How To Reach Giresun
- Cities Near Izmir
- How To Reach Istanbul
- How To Reach Ordu
- How To Reach Mardin
- How To Reach Pamukkale
- How To Reach Ankara
- How To Reach Kusadasi
- How To Reach Sinop
- How To Reach Bursa
- How To Reach Denizli
- How To Reach Marmaris