How to Reach Izmir - The Easiest Way to Reach Izmir
HOW TO GET TO IZMIR
- By Air: Adnan Menderes Airport is the official airport and serves daily flights to Izmir to and from major Turkish cities like Ankara, Istanbul and Antalya. There are also regular flights from all the major European cities.
- By Bus: The Izmir bus station is huge and has comfortable daily buses to Istanbul.
- By Train: Izmir has two major railway stations and has connections to Ankara, Denizli and Isparta. There is also train services from Istanbul to Izmir with a connect ferry at Bandirma.
- By Boat: There are two weekly ferries between Venice and Izmir. Also, cruises serve ferry boats to Izmir.
HOW TO GET AROUND IZMIR
- By Ferries: Public ferries are easily available and serve as a major Izmir transportation.
- By Bus: The public bus system has a well-spread over the entire city and is convenient to use.
- By Train: The train line can also be used to move around the city as it runs between all the areas.
- By Metro: The metro service in the city connecting the major parts.
- By Taxi: You can also hire a taxi or rent a car to move around Izmir.
- On Foot: There are plenty of walking routes in the city making it pleasant to walk around.
Are you looking for a Izmir travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Izmir
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Izmir. The most preferred mode of transport in Izmir is Car.
Average distance: 20.87 km Average time: 42.18 min
Car 34.09%Driving 41.13 min Walking 2.63 min Overall average time for 34.47 kms 43.77 min
Bus/Trolleybus 15.91%Bus 24.57 min Walking 6.14 min Waiting 5 min Overall average time for 9.99 kms 35.71 min
Bike 6.82%Bike 9.33 min Overall average time for 4 kms 9.33 min
Walking 18.18%Walking 33.13 min Bus 5 min Other 4.38 min Driving 3.38 min Train 3.13 min Waiting 2.5 min Bike 1.25 min Overall average time for 7.78 kms 52.75 min
Train/Metro 15.91%Train 33.71 min Walking 9 min Waiting 5.57 min Bus 3.57 min Overall average time for 26.86 kms 51.86 min
Motorbike 2.27%Motorbike 8 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 6.5 kms 10 min
How to Reach Izmir from Nearby Cities
|Manisa to Izmir||38.82 km||38 mins|
|Bergama to Izmir||69.84 km||1 hour 9 mins|
|Söke to Izmir||72.03 km||1 hour 12 mins|
|Alaçatı to Izmir||85.19 km||1 hour 25 mins|
|Ahmetli to Izmir||90.19 km||1 hour 30 mins|
|Akhisar to Izmir||92.46 km||1 hour 32 mins|
|Çesme to Izmir||92.54 km||1 hour 32 mins|
|Ayvalık to Izmir||94.58 km||1 hour 34 mins|
|Aydın to Izmir||96.9 km||1 hour 36 mins|
|Balıkesir to Izmir||105.84 km||1 hour 45 mins|