How to Reach Izmir
- By Air: Adnan Menderes Airport is the official airport and serves daily flights to Izmir to and from major Turkish cities like Ankara, Istanbul and Antalya. There are also regular flights from all the major European cities.
- By Bus: The Izmir bus station is huge and has comfortable daily buses to Istanbul.
- By Train: Izmir has two major railway stations and has connections to Ankara, Denizli and Isparta. There is also train services from Istanbul to Izmir with a connect ferry at Bandirma.
- By Boat: There are two weekly ferries between Venice and Izmir. Also, cruises serve ferry boats to Izmir.
HOW TO GET AROUND IZMIR
- By Ferries: Public ferries are easily available and serve as a major Izmir transportation.
- By Bus: The public bus system has a well-spread over the entire city and is convenient to use.
- By Train: The train line can also be used to move around the city as it runs between all the areas.
- By Metro: The metro service in the city connecting the major parts.
- By Taxi: You can also hire a taxi or rent a car to move around Izmir.
- On Foot: There are plenty of walking routes in the city making it pleasant to walk around.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Izmir. The most preferred mode of transport in Izmir is Car.
Average distance: 21.47 km Average time: 38.19 min
Car 37.74%Driving 36.45 min Walking 2.78 min Overall average time for 32.6 kms 39.23 min
Train/Metro 15.09%Train 32.88 min Walking 7.88 min Waiting 4.88 min Bus 3.13 min Overall average time for 25.13 kms 48.75 min
Bike 5.66%Bike 9.33 min Overall average time for 4 kms 9.33 min
Bus/Trolleybus 18.87%Bus 24 min Walking 5 min Waiting 4.9 min Train 4 min Tram 1.5 min Overall average time for 12.49 kms 39.4 min
Walking 11.32%Walking 17.5 min Bus 6.67 min Other 5.83 min Train 4.17 min Waiting 3.33 min Bike 1.67 min Overall average time for 7.28 kms 39.17 min
Motorbike 1.89%Motorbike 8 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 6.5 kms 10 min