Are you looking for what to do in Izmir?
WHAT TO SEE
- Ephesus Museum: An archaeological museum has an elaborate collection of about 50,000 exhibits belonging to diverse periods like Miken, Archaic, Roman, Byzantine and Turkish.
- Izmir Wildlife Park: A well-maintained home to 1500 animals of 120 different species.
- Saat Kulesi or Clock Tower: Landmark of Izmir city.
- Konak Square: An Iconic Square in Izmir with prominent buildings of the city.
- The Agora: Ancient market place dating back to Greek times.
- Kadifekale: A peaceful hill and castle ruins, be here at observe the panoramic view of the city.
WHAT TO DO
- Hit the beaches. Blessed with ample coastline of the Aegean sea, beaches in Izmir are a treat! Great for swimming and sunbathing, beaches are the most sought after activity for tourists coming to Izmir. Not too away from the city centre, beaches of Foça, Dikili, Urla, Seferihisar, and Cesme are some great options.
- Taste the Turkish specialties like Boyoz, Kumru, Tulum Peyniri and Copsis Kebabs.
- Go shopping in the Kemaralti market.
- Take a walk along the Kordon and enjoy a spectacular sunset.
- Go on a boat ride from Konak to Karsiyaka.
- Hop on the elevator of Asanso and enjoy a panoramic view of Izmir.
- Hang out and chill in the evening at Alsancak.
Below we have a list of things to do in Izmir and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Izmir getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Izmir with confidence.