Balancing RocksCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Near Madan Mahal Fort, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh 482001, India
- Timings: 10:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Outdoors, Geological Formation, Garden, Landmark, Observatory, Family And Kids, Architecture , Nature
Balancing Rocks - Review
Jabalpur is well known for its rocky and barren hillocks, which are mostly formed by volcanic eruptions that have taken place millions of years ago. Balancing Rocks is such an example, which attracts tourists and geologists from all over India and the world with its unique rock formation. It is considered as one of the wonders here, which no science can explain.
It is often said that nature is the greatest architect of all and the Balancing Rocks prove it to be absolutely true. The works of Nature cannot be compared with any of the engineering skills of man. It makes you speechless and spellbound with its perfection and skill.
Tourists who visit MadanMahal Fort also visit the balancing Rocks and marvel at it. It is found at the base of the fort and attracts all visitors with its strange form of balancing.
Here one rock is balanced on top of another and the point of contact between the two rocks is just about 6 sq inches. As you watch the rocks, you may feel that it may fall in a few seconds, but it is not so. How it balances on the base rock is still a wonder for the scientists and geologists.
No external force is able to disturb this balance may it be wind, storm, rain or earthquake or mechanical force. It has even withstood an earthquake of 6.2 on the Richter scale. A visit to this place makes you wonder what all surprises Nature has in store for you.
Balancing Rocks Information
- Located about 5 km from the city of Jabalpur.
- A perfect place for the geologists and nature lovers.
- Visiting the place early in the morning or in the evening time saves you from the glare of the sun.
- Keep a sun hat or an umbrella with you as the sun shines brightly during the day time.
- You may see many other rock formations also in the vicinity.
- Keep enough drinking water and food with you as there are no restaurants nearby.
- Do not visit the place after dark as the area surrounding it is not very safe.
- There are taxis and auto rickshaws to take you to the place.
- No need to take any permission for photography.
- Tourism department is on the way to open a children’s park and restaurant here to enhance tourism .
Restaurants Near Balancing Rocks
- No restaurants within a radius of 1 km.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jabalpur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jabalpur and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Balancing Rocks
95% of people who visit Jabalpur include Balancing Rocks in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
48.48% of people start their Balancing Rocks visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Balancing Rocks
92.66% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Balancing Rocks