Chausat Yogini TempleCurrently Open [Closes at 08:30 pm]
- Address: Bhedaghat, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 08:30 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Outdoors, Educational Site, Family And Kids
Chausat Yogini Temple - Review
This temple is one of the heritage sites and among a few of its kinds in India. It is one of the major attractions in Jabalpur and is visited by devotees from all over India. Built in the 11th century, it is presently partially damaged and not in good condition. But what remains of it speaks a lot about the architectural beauty of the temple and the care with which it was built by the ancient dynasties of Jabalpur. Dedicated to Goddess Durga long with 64 Yoginis, the temple is built on top of a small hillock with about 150 steps leading to the temple. So, reaching the temple may be a difficult task for the aged and those who have trouble in climbing steps.
Located on the road side, it is a beautiful structure and fascinates the visitors and the pilgrims alike with its architecture and the 64 Yoginis inside it. It is built in a circular shape and local granite is used in its construction. The main shrine has the idols of Lord Shiva and Goddes Parvati sitting on the sacred bull Nandi.
Then there are the 64 Yoginis, which are believed to be the different forms of Goddess Durga. Each Yogini has its unique posture and is beautifully sculptured. The 64 shrines of the Yoginis are placed in a circular motion and captivate you with its exquisite design.
Once inside the temple, you will experience a calm and serene environment, which makes your mind and soul rejuvenated with spiritual bliss. A number of tantric rituals are performed here, some of which may appear queer to the visitors.
With lush greenery all around the temple, it is a place where you get absolute peace of mind. From the courtyard of the temple you get a spectacular view of River Narmada and the surrounding area. Visiting this temple makes you more informative about the various rituals practiced in the temples of India.
Chausat Yogini Temple Information
- Dress properly in neat clothes when you visit the temple.
- The best time to visit the temple is early in the morning when the atmosphere is fresh.
- You get sweets, flowers and otheritems that you can as offerings to the deity in the temple.
- Keep your chappals outside the temple before you enter inside.
- Keep silence inside the temple and switch off your cell phones.
- Do not throw any papers or waste inside the temple.
- Auto rickshaws and cabs take you to the temple.
Chausat Yogini Temple Opening and Closing Hours
- The temple is closed for a few hours in the afternoon.
Restaurants Near Chausat Yogini Temple
- A few tea stalls near the temple.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jabalpur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jabalpur and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Chausat Yogini Temple
95% of people who visit Jabalpur include Chausat Yogini Temple in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
35.16% of people start their Chausat Yogini Temple visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Chausat Yogini Temple
92.96% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chausat Yogini Temple