This waterfall is often referred to as the Niagra Falls of India because of the speed with which the water falls down. It mesmerises you with its beauty and charm. Located about 30 km from the city of Jabalpur, the water fall is formed by the River Narmada, which is considered as one of the five holy rivers in India. A dip in this river is said to wash away all your sins. Lots of tourists visit here and enjoy the beauty of the water fall and some take a bath too in the holy water.
As you get nearer to the waterfall, you will start hearing the thunderous sound of the falling water, which gets louder gradually. The very sight of the waterfall makes you spell bound and you will forget everything else but the mesmerising beauty of the fall. It falls from a height of 98 ft and as it falls down, it produces small water droplets, which look like smoke arising from the river bed. So the water fall got the name Dhuandhar Falls. ‘Dhuan’ means smoke and Dhuandhar means Smoke Cascade.
To enjoy a spectacular view of the waterfall, there are many viewpoints here, where you can stand and watch the fall as well as take as many photographs as you like.
For the lovers of adventure, there is the rope way, which takes you over the water fall, offering you a clear view of it from top. A lot of stalls are found in the vicinity selling marble artefacts, jewellery and beautifully carved soap-stones. If you ever visit Jabalpur, make sure that you visit this place and it is sure to make you rejuvenated and joyful.
Dhuandhar Falls Travel Tips
- You need not take any permission to make photography.
- The water fall may drench you, so take some dry clothes with you.
- Be careful when you go near the fall as the rocks may be slippery.
- The rope way offers you a spectacular view of the waterfall from above and you may take some excellent photographs.
- Keep a sunhat with you as the glare of the sun may be very strong in the day time.
- Do not throw any papers or waste in water or on the premises of the water fall.
- Watchout for the rainbow formed by the water droplets when the sun shines through them.
- You get taxis and buses to reach the water fall.
Entrance Ticket Details For Dhuandhar Falls
- If you choose to ride the cable car, you have to par a fee of Rs.55 per person.
Dhuandhar Falls Hours
- The rope way offers you a ride on the cable car from 10:30 am to 06:30 pm.
- Gopala Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Jabalpur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jabalpur and book an accommodation of your choice.
47.02% of people who visit Jabalpur include Dhuandhar Falls in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
46.88% of people start their Dhuandhar Falls visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Dhuandhar Falls
88% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dhuandhar Falls
Dhuandhar Falls Reviews & Ratings
1 person ticket price in dhuadhar entryAnswer Report Abuse
The entry to Dhuadhar Falls is free of cost. You will have to pay charges only if you opt for a ropeway ride or go for boating.Report Abuse
Bhedaghat dhuadhar visit charg kitna Hai?Answer Report Abuse
There are absolutely no charges to visit Dhuandhar Falls in Jabalpur. However, you have to pay a fee for the activities organized here.Report Abuse