Dumna Nature ReserveCurrently Closed
- Address: Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh 482005, India
- Timings: 10:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 20 INR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Walking Area, Entertainment, Leisure, Family And Kids, Adventure, Picnic Spot, Nature, Bird Watching
Dumna Nature Reserve - Review
This is one of the popular places in Jabalpur with a large variety of flora and fauna. A walk through the park provides a feeling of walking in a forest as it is a forest area with lots of plants and trees. There are many trails here that lead you to various destinations. A lot of nature lovers and wildlife lovers visit here. It is also a favourite spot for children as it allows them to see a lot of animals and birds, as well as a chance to play in the children’s park. The toy train here also is loved by the children as well as the grownups.
Spread over an area of 1058 hectares, the park has a large species of animals and plants that keep you occupied throughout the visit. At some places the trees form a canopy and provide absolute shade and coolness. Jackals, porcupines, chital, spotted deer, monkeys and wild boar are common in the park. A large species of bird are also found. There is a snake park here that fills you with awe.
The hanging bridge in the park is a favourite with all the visitors and very exciting. Fishing platform is another attraction, where you may be lucky enough to catch a fish or two. The rest house in the park offers the weary visitors a relaxing time. Tourists also enjoy the boat ride on Khandari Dam, which relaxes the mind and offers a splendid view of the dam and the surrounding area.
The park and the nearby Khandari Dam offer the visitors an excellent time that they will cherish throughout their life.
Dumna Nature Reserve Information
- The reserve is placed about 10 km from the city of Jabalpur, near Khandari Dam.
- Be careful not to disturb the animals in the park.
- Do not throw any eatables to the animals as it may harm them and upset their health.
- Do not throw any waste inside the park. Keep them in the dustbins.
- The children’s park here offers a lot of fun to the children in the form of various rides and other activities.
- A restaurant is also present in the park.
- To escape from the heat of the sun use an umbrella or a wide brimmed hat.
- Swimming and bathing are not allowed in the water as it inhabits a number of crocodiles.
- The toy train in the park provides you a complete view of the park and animals in the park.
Dumna Nature Reserve Ticket Prices
- Toy train– Rs. 25 per person; Boating – Rs. 60 per person.
Dumna Nature Reserve Opening and Closing Hours
- Boating provided from 10:30 am to 6:30 pm.
Restaurants Near Dumna Nature Reserve
- Kalchuri Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jabalpur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jabalpur and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Dumna Nature Reserve
95% of people who visit Jabalpur include Dumna Nature Reserve in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
45.81% of people start their Dumna Nature Reserve visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Dumna Nature Reserve
87.58% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dumna Nature Reserve
Dumna Nature Reserve Map
Dumna Nature Reserve Trips
Dumna Nature Reserve, Jabalpur Reviews
All QuestionsDumna nature reserve
- Red Bush Enterprise Baptist Church
- Wild Cat Pay Lake
- David Mckenzie Log Cabin
- Camp Caleb
- Fathers House Of Prayer
- Farris Strip Airport
- Faucett Christian Church
- Sparta United Methodist Church
- Wallace Christian Church
- Faucett Baptist Church
- Littlevine Church
- Prospect Baptist Church
- Freewill Baptist Youth Camp
- First Baptist Church
- Nicasio Reservoir