Kanha Kisli National Park, Jabalpur
Kanha Kisli National Park - A Quick Overview[Contribute/Review]
Address: SH 11, Mangitola Mukki Gate, Mukki, Madhya Pradesh 481111, Jabalpur, India
Ticket Price: 1530 INR
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 05:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
Added 2.3K times in trip plans
Outdoors, National Park, Wildlife Park, Zoo, Safari, Wildlife Safari, Family And Kids, Nature
Trip itinerary maker app makes travelling hassle-free!
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Kanha Kisli National Park, Jabalpur
Kanha National Park is one of the major tiger reserves in the world and a favourite destination for all nature and wildlife lovers. Established in 1955, it is about 165 km from Jabalpur and rich with various species of flora and fauna. There are three main gates to enter the park.
If you are keen to see a tiger in its natural surroundings, Kanha National Park is the perfect place. The open jeep safaris are very exciting and you are sure to spot a tiger or two on your tour of the park. Important populations here include leopards, Sloth bear, Indian wild dog, Barasingha and Royal Bengal Tigers.
The dense forests make it cool even in the afternoon. Large areas of meadows or open grass lands are where you may spot swamp deeror barasingha, sambhar, Black Buck, Chital etc. A large species of birds offer a treat your eyes. Various species of snakes is another attraction here. Elephant safaris are also arranged by the authorities from time to time.
With lots trees, plants and grass, it is lush green and provides you a feeling of standing in the middle of a forest. The occasional roar of the tigers and the sounds of other animals, the chirping of birds and passing of various animals on the way enhance this feeling. It is a fantastic experience and you will cherish the visit for long.
Kanha Kisli National Park Information
- Visiting the Kanha National Park early in the morning saves you from the heat of the sun in the summer seasons.
- The best time to visit the park is during the winter season as the climate is comfortable and you do not get tired easily.
- Do not wander off into the dense forests alone as there may be wild animals.
- Get the services of a guide if you are not sure where to go.
- Do not throw any eatables to the animals as it may upset their stomach.
- Students are provided special packages including accommodation, food and sightseeing.
- Book the jeep safari in advance.
Kanha Kisli National Park Ticket Prices
- Kanha National Park Entry fee is Rs.3060 for foreigners; Children below 5 years do not need a ticket.
- Jeep safari tickets are available at Rs.4050, which included forest entry charge, guide charge and the jeep charge.
Kanha Kisli National Park Opening and Closing Hours
- Kanha National Park is Open on all days of the week except for Wednesdays.
- The park is closed for the visitors from 1st July to 15th October due to monsoons.
- Winter Jeep safari timing is from 6:30am to 12:30 pm and from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm.
- Summer timing is from 06:00 am to 12 noon and 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm.
Restaurants Near Kanha Kisli National Park
- No restaurants within a radius of 1km.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jabalpur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jabalpur and book an accommodation of your choice.
Kanha Kisli National Park, Jabalpur Reviews
Nice jungle trail. You got to get early in morning and report sufficiently in advance to the departure timings. Nov to Feb can be chilly in the morning. Be prepared with cap, gloves and coat etc. If you are intent on keep safari book sufficiently in advance, online. If lucky you get a sighting of tiger. We got two. See for yourself.
Amazing, seen Tiger once. Overall Experience is good. We enjoy every moment being in forest. But during January people must carry sufficient woolen cloth.
Kanha is the largest national park of Madhya Pradesh and one of the best in the country. It is well known for its good population of tigers. Barasingha (swamp deer) is the pride of Kanha. It also houses other common mammals of central India. It also boasts of around 300 species of birds. definitely a place worth visiting with family.
An awesome place for spending Leisure time. A chance to observe nature's serenity in a perfectly managed ecosystem. Not advisable if your motive is just to get to see a tiger, better go to a zoo.
A great jungle and national park. I always love to visit be it any season. You will enjoy the forest at all times even if you miss seeing the tigers. I will recommend at least 3-4 safaris to have a good chance of tiger sightings as well as other fauna and visit most of the park.