Kanha Kisli National ParkCurrently Open [Closes at 10:00 pm]
- Address: SH 11, Mangitola Mukki Gate, Mukki, Madhya Pradesh 481111, Jabalpur, India
- Timings: 05:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-7627265314
- Ticket Price: 1530 INR
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, National Park, Wildlife Park, Zoo, Safari, Wildlife Safari, Family And Kids, Nature
Kanha Kisli National Park - Review
Kanha National Park is one of the major tiger reserves in the world and a favourite destination for all nature and wildlife lovers. Established in 1955, it is about 165 km from Jabalpur and rich with various species of flora and fauna. There are three main gates to enter the park.
If you are keen to see a tiger in its natural surroundings, Kanha National Park is the perfect place. The open jeep safaris are very exciting and you are sure to spot a tiger or two on your tour of the park. Important populations here include leopards, Sloth bear, Indian wild dog, Barasingha and Royal Bengal Tigers.
The dense forests make it cool even in the afternoon. Large areas of meadows or open grass lands are where you may spot swamp deeror barasingha, sambhar, Black Buck, Chital etc. A large species of birds offer a treat your eyes. Various species of snakes is another attraction here. Elephant safaris are also arranged by the authorities from time to time.
With lots trees, plants and grass, it is lush green and provides you a feeling of standing in the middle of a forest. The occasional roar of the tigers and the sounds of other animals, the chirping of birds and passing of various animals on the way enhance this feeling. It is a fantastic experience and you will cherish the visit for long.
Kanha Kisli National Park Information
- Visiting the Kanha National Park early in the morning saves you from the heat of the sun in the summer seasons.
- The best time to visit the park is during the winter season as the climate is comfortable and you do not get tired easily.
- Do not wander off into the dense forests alone as there may be wild animals.
- Get the services of a guide if you are not sure where to go.
- Do not throw any eatables to the animals as it may upset their stomach.
- Students are provided special packages including accommodation, food and sightseeing.
- Book the jeep safari in advance.
Kanha Kisli National Park Ticket Prices
- Kanha National Park Entry fee is Rs.3060 for foreigners; Children below 5 years do not need a ticket.
- Jeep safari tickets are available at Rs.4050, which included forest entry charge, guide charge and the jeep charge.
Kanha Kisli National Park Opening and Closing Hours
- Kanha National Park is Open on all days of the week except for Wednesdays.
- The park is closed for the visitors from 1st July to 15th October due to monsoons.
- Winter Jeep safari timing is from 6:30am to 12:30 pm and from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm.
- Summer timing is from 06:00 am to 12 noon and 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm.
Restaurants Near Kanha Kisli National Park
- No restaurants within a radius of 1km.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jabalpur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jabalpur and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Kanha Kisli National Park
95% of people who visit Jabalpur include Kanha Kisli National Park in their plan
72.06% of people start their Kanha Kisli National Park visit around 06 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Kanha Kisli National Park
92.77% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kanha Kisli National Park
Kanha Kisli National Park Map
Kanha Kisli National Park Trips
Kanha Kisli National Park, Jabalpur Reviews
A super place for tiger safaris with lots of tigers in the reserve which gives you a very bright chance of spotting them in their natural habitat. There are many new born tigers as well in the reserve and you can see the cubs with their mothers. We managed to see two such mother's with 3 and 4 cubs respectively. It's been a great trip to Kanha for safari with a satisfying feeling. Yes it's hot in the afternoon safaris but the sighting of tigers just ensures you feel refreshed for the next trip.
Wonderful!!! Best Safari experience I have ever had. It's definitely better than Corbett National Park and Ranthambore as well. Chances of tiger sighting is high and overall Flora and fauna of the jungle is better.
Simply a paradise to all nature lovers. During the safari we wished so many times to spend more and more time within the core area. And astonished to observe the coordination and communication between the animals. Just an awesome experience.
A big park with a good chance of seeing tigers and other wildlife. However when I visited they were doing a Tiger census which lead to the park opening later than normal. As early morning is the best time for spotting tigers we were not as successful here as at the other parks we visited but we did have one sighting.
My first sighting of a tiger. This park used to have off track elephant rides . Not sure if they are still on. If so that is the must do activity here This place can get very hot. Not many options for public conveniences. Avoid feeding the animals. Take a good guide who would elaborate on birds too.
All QuestionsKanha kisli national park
- D K Night Life
- Wolverhampton Halfpenny Green Airport
- Halfpenny Green Airport
- Halfpenny Green Vineyard
- Halfpenny Green Vineyards
- Pyramid Helicopters
- Linda Rose Gallery
- Ogbourne St Andrew Parish Church
- Holy Cross Parish Church
- Chiseldon Methodist Church
- Flaunden Park
- Art 2 Afford
- St. Edmund Campion Church
- Orchard Country Club