Kanha Kisli National ParkCurrently Closed
Kanha National Park is one of the major tiger reserves in the world and a favourite destination for all nature and wildlife lovers. Established in 1955, it is about 165 km from Jabalpur and rich with various species of flora and fauna. There are three main gates to enter the park.
If you are keen to see a tiger in its natural surroundings, Kanha National Park is the perfect place. The open jeep safaris are very exciting and you are sure to spot a tiger or two on your tour of the park. Important populations here include leopards, Sloth bear, Indian wild dog, Barasingha and Royal Bengal Tigers.
The dense forests make it cool even in the afternoon. Large areas of meadows or open grass lands are where you may spot swamp deeror barasingha, sambhar, Black Buck, Chital etc. A large species of birds offer a treat your eyes. Various species of snakes is another attraction here. Elephant safaris are also arranged by the authorities from time to time.
With lots trees, plants and grass, it is lush green and provides you a feeling of standing in the middle of a forest. The occasional roar of the tigers and the sounds of other animals, the chirping of birds and passing of various animals on the way enhance this feeling. It is a fantastic experience and you will cherish the visit for long.
- Visiting the Kanha National Park early in the morning saves you from the heat of the sun in the summer seasons.
- The best time to visit the park is during the winter season as the climate is comfortable and you do not get tired easily.
- Do not wander off into the dense forests alone as there may be wild animals.
- Get the services of a guide if you are not sure where to go.
- Do not throw any eatables to the animals as it may upset their stomach.
- Students are provided special packages including accommodation, food and sightseeing.
- Book the jeep safari in advance.
- Kanha National Park Entry fee is Rs.3060 for foreigners; Children below 5 years do not need a ticket.
- Jeep safari tickets are available at Rs.4050, which included forest entry charge, guide charge and the jeep charge.
- Kanha National Park is Open on all days of the week except for Wednesdays.
- The park is closed for the visitors from 1st July to 15th October due to monsoons.
- Winter Jeep safari timing is from 6:30am to 12:30 pm and from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm.
- Summer timing is from 06:00 am to 12 noon and 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm.
- No restaurants within a radius of 1km.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jabalpur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jabalpur and book an accommodation of your choice.
90.47% of people who visit Jabalpur include Kanha Kisli National Park in their plan
05 AM - 06 AM
65.71% of people start their Kanha Kisli National Park visit around 05 AM - 06 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Kanha Kisli National Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kanha Kisli National Park
Great place for wildlife lovers, birders, etc. Safaris by gypsy are wonderful. The guides and gypsy drivers ensure that you sure get a glimpse of the majestic Royal Bengal Tiger. Rest assured to not be disappointed at all. Overall the maintenance of the park is also great. The guides have an extensive knowledge about the local flora and fauna. In short, it is a must visit place for anyone interested in wildlife.
It's nature at it's best. However any trip here should be planned at least a month ahead, it's important to get the right Gate where chances of sightings are high. Reservations can be made online through government portals easy enough.
Visit one of the four core zones only, avoid Buffer zones. Book tickets from the website in advance. Tiger sighting is uncertain in winters, more frequent in summers, thus a better time to visit. Good place to enjoy natural beauty and wildlife.
Very nice location. Famous tiger forest in India. Peaceful location and pollution free Jon. Tourist attraction for Jongle safari. It is great adventures in forest. Local people is very good and helpful and friendly behaviour. Forest atmosphere is very cool and clean. Tiger and others animals are very energetic .
One of the best places in India to see wildlife. The access is easy. The guides are knowledgeable. Would recommend to all