Kanha Kisli National ParkCurrently Closed
- Address: SH 11, Mangitola Mukki Gate, Mukki, Madhya Pradesh 481111, Jabalpur, India
- Timings: 05:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-7627265314
- Ticket Price: 1530 INR
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, National Park, Wildlife Park, Zoo, Safari, Wildlife Safari, Family And Kids, Nature
Kanha Kisli National Park - Review
Kanha National Park is one of the major tiger reserves in the world and a favourite destination for all nature and wildlife lovers. Established in 1955, it is about 165 km from Jabalpur and rich with various species of flora and fauna. There are three main gates to enter the park.
If you are keen to see a tiger in its natural surroundings, Kanha National Park is the perfect place. The open jeep safaris are very exciting and you are sure to spot a tiger or two on your tour of the park. Important populations here include leopards, Sloth bear, Indian wild dog, Barasingha and Royal Bengal Tigers.
The dense forests make it cool even in the afternoon. Large areas of meadows or open grass lands are where you may spot swamp deeror barasingha, sambhar, Black Buck, Chital etc. A large species of birds offer a treat your eyes. Various species of snakes is another attraction here. Elephant safaris are also arranged by the authorities from time to time.
With lots trees, plants and grass, it is lush green and provides you a feeling of standing in the middle of a forest. The occasional roar of the tigers and the sounds of other animals, the chirping of birds and passing of various animals on the way enhance this feeling. It is a fantastic experience and you will cherish the visit for long.
Kanha Kisli National Park Information
- Visiting the Kanha National Park early in the morning saves you from the heat of the sun in the summer seasons.
- The best time to visit the park is during the winter season as the climate is comfortable and you do not get tired easily.
- Do not wander off into the dense forests alone as there may be wild animals.
- Get the services of a guide if you are not sure where to go.
- Do not throw any eatables to the animals as it may upset their stomach.
- Students are provided special packages including accommodation, food and sightseeing.
- Book the jeep safari in advance.
Kanha Kisli National Park Ticket Prices
- Kanha National Park Entry fee is Rs.3060 for foreigners; Children below 5 years do not need a ticket.
- Jeep safari tickets are available at Rs.4050, which included forest entry charge, guide charge and the jeep charge.
Kanha Kisli National Park Opening and Closing Hours
- Kanha National Park is Open on all days of the week except for Wednesdays.
- The park is closed for the visitors from 1st July to 15th October due to monsoons.
- Winter Jeep safari timing is from 6:30am to 12:30 pm and from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm.
- Summer timing is from 06:00 am to 12 noon and 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm.
Restaurants Near Kanha Kisli National Park
- No restaurants within a radius of 1km.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jabalpur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jabalpur and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Kanha Kisli National Park
95% of people who visit Jabalpur include Kanha Kisli National Park in their plan
72.42% of people start their Kanha Kisli National Park visit around 06 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Kanha Kisli National Park
92.82% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kanha Kisli National Park
Kanha Kisli National Park Map
Kanha Kisli National Park Trips
Kanha Kisli National Park, Jabalpur Reviews
A great jungle and national park. I always love to visit be it any season. You will enjoy the forest at all times even if you miss seeing the tigers. I will recommend at least 3-4 safaris to have a good chance of tiger sightings as well as other fauna and visit most of the park.
I love the rains. Lush greenery everywhere. The abundance of nature all around is healing. A natural spa effect. Stayed at Club Mahindra Kanha. Was beautiful. Surrounded by trees. They took us on a culinary journey. Amazing food. Worth coming back just for a rerun of their cuisines
Beautiful jungle spotted 3 tigers. must visit for everyone. Go with your family and enjoy God's beautiful creation.Especially for ladies don't hesitate to ask for clean toilets one near the gate and also inside the jungle near museum.
Seen male tiger within 100 meter from entrance. Beautiful natural place. Secure wildlife. Great time spent there.
This is an amazing place, there are so many amazing species of many types of animals, birds, reptiles and insects but the main attraction here is the tiger . This natural park is very large in size and is one of the biggest national parks in India , I recommend you to do visit this place and stat at least 2 days here to properly enjoy this natural beauty