Kanha Kisli National Park, Jabalpur
Kanha Kisli National Park, Jabalpur - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: SH 11, Mangitola Mukki Gate, Mukki, Madhya Pradesh 481111
Ticket Price: 1530 INR
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 05:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
Added 2.3K times in trip plans
Outdoors, National Park, Wildlife Park, Zoo, Safari, Wildlife Safari, Family And Kids, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Kanha Kisli National Park, Jabalpur
Kanha National Park is one of the major tiger reserves in the world and a favourite destination for all nature and wildlife lovers. Established in 1955, it is about 165 km from Jabalpur and rich with various species of flora and fauna. There are three main gates to enter the park.
If you are keen to see a tiger in its natural surroundings, Kanha National Park is the perfect place. The open jeep safaris are very exciting and you are sure to spot a tiger or two on your tour of the park. Important populations here include leopards, Sloth bear, Indian wild dog, Barasingha and Royal Bengal Tigers.
The dense forests make it cool even in the afternoon. Large areas of meadows or open grass lands are where you may spot swamp deeror barasingha, sambhar, Black Buck, Chital etc. A large species of birds offer a treat your eyes. Various species of snakes is another attraction here. Elephant safaris are also arranged by the authorities from time to time.
With lots trees, plants and grass, it is lush green and provides you a feeling of standing in the middle of a forest. The occasional roar of the tigers and the sounds of other animals, the chirping of birds and passing of various animals on the way enhance this feeling. It is a fantastic experience and you will cherish the visit for long.
Kanha Kisli National Park Information
- Visiting the Kanha National Park early in the morning saves you from the heat of the sun in the summer seasons.
- The best time to visit the park is during the winter season as the climate is comfortable and you do not get tired easily.
- Do not wander off into the dense forests alone as there may be wild animals.
- Get the services of a guide if you are not sure where to go.
- Do not throw any eatables to the animals as it may upset their stomach.
- Students are provided special packages including accommodation, food and sightseeing.
- Book the jeep safari in advance.
Kanha Kisli National Park Ticket Prices
- Kanha National Park Entry fee is Rs.3060 for foreigners; Children below 5 years do not need a ticket.
- Jeep safari tickets are available at Rs.4050, which included forest entry charge, guide charge and the jeep charge.
Kanha Kisli National Park Opening and Closing Hours
- Kanha National Park is Open on all days of the week except for Wednesdays.
- The park is closed for the visitors from 1st July to 15th October due to monsoons.
- Winter Jeep safari timing is from 6:30am to 12:30 pm and from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm.
- Summer timing is from 06:00 am to 12 noon and 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm.
Restaurants Near Kanha Kisli National Park
- No restaurants within a radius of 1km.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jabalpur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jabalpur and book an accommodation of your choice.
Kanha Kisli National Park, Jabalpur Reviews - Write a Review
You need to book the tickets online. There are two zones for travelling- Core and Buffer. In the Core zone, they would take you deeper in the jungle and you would have a good experience. In the buffer zone there is very less chance of watching any animal. It's a waste of money...and the management here is very poor..There are two slots- morning 6am and evening 3pm. If you want to book slot for morning 6am, then you have to stand in a queue from 3pm to 6pm.At 6pm the counter opens and there are hardly any seats left for Core and the officers just give you the Buffer tickets. The cost of a ticket is 1560. If you opt for a jeep, the cost is 2000 plus 360 for the guide. So overall go for only Core zone.
Kanha is one attraction which becomes an addiction for someone who is looking for peace and solitude. One of the managed parks in India it is a safe haven for tigers and other wildlife. Spend atleast three nights with 4 to 5 excursions into the park to understand Kanha.
Very good place to visit, a great place in mp you can see tigers, bears, deer ,biason, samba, and many more animals living openly. A very great place to enjoy with friends and family
This is a place where nature has poured it's all beauty in place. Awesome experience of Jungle Safari. Everyone should have it , atleast one in lifetime.
One of my favorite weekend place... people says u need to have luck to spot tiger But It's not like that I have visited several times here n done safari n in every safari we spotted tiger u should have a perfect guide to spot n do safari on gypsy only... It's beautiful place...peace clean greenery ...perfect place for nature n wildlife lovers...
- Nearby Attractions
- Jabalpur Airport