Madan Mahal FortCurrently Closed
- Address: Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh 482001, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +91-7612677290
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Landmark, Observatory, Educational Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Fort, Nature, Heritage Building
About Madan Mahal Fort, Jabalpur
Although not a very popular site, the fort attracts tourists with its serene surroundings and silent disposition. A number of tourists visiting the fort also visit the balancing rocks and other interesting places in the area. The fort was in reality a pleasure palace of the MadanSngh, who was the tenth Gond king and the son of Rani Durgavati, who was the famous Gond queen. During her rule the fort was used as a watch tower to watch if any enemies were trying to get in for attack. It is estimated that the fort was built in the year 1100 AD.
This magnificent fort is located on top of a small hill of about 515 m in height. The fort is built on a single base rock and is a masterpiece in its construction. You have to climb 200 to 250 steps to reach the fort. The walk through the path leading the fort is very exciting with tall trees and rocks on either side. As you reach the top, you are welcomed by an impressive arched gateway of the fort. Once inside the fort you will notice the utter silence of the place.
Some of the attractions of the fort are a stable, war rooms, and a main chamber, which looks grand and is admired by all. There is also a reservoir inside the fort, which is now not in a good condition. Watch out for underground tunnels and hidden treasures as told by the locals!!
From the fort you get a panoramic view of the Jabalpur city and the surrounding country side, which is marvellous sight.
Madan Mahal Fort Information
- Visit the fort in groups as at times it may be deserted.
- There is a security guard to watch the fort.
- From Balancing Rocks about 200 steps lead you to the fort.
- On your way to the fort you may also visit Mahadev Mandir with Seshnag cave and a mosque with a large lake.
- Since there are no guides here to help you with the history of the place or show you around, make a thorough enquiry about the place before you visit it. This will allow you to enjoy your visit all the more.
- Do not wander off in the fort as you may get lost.
- Visit the fort early in the morning as it will be less tiring.
- Beware of the monkeys who may turn aggressive at times.
- You may reach the place on cabs or on buses that offer service from Jabalpur city.
Madan Mahal Fort Ticket Prices
- Entry is free.
Madan Mahal Fort Opening and Closing Hours
- Open on all days of the week.
How To reach Madan Mahal Fort by Public Transport
- Madan Mahal Bus stand.
Restaurants Near Madan Mahal Fort
- Tea stalls
- Pawan Cafe and Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jabalpur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jabalpur and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Madan Mahal Fort
95% of people who visit Jabalpur include Madan Mahal Fort in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
25.85% of people start their Madan Mahal Fort visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Madan Mahal Fort
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Madan Mahal Fort
Madan Mahal Fort Map
Madan Mahal Fort Trips
Madan Mahal Fort, Jabalpur Reviews
The structure generates an aura of awe being compact and yet fully equipped for martial encounters. The stable, war rooms, small reservoir and main pleasure chamber of the rulers offer visitors much to see and admire...
It's high. One has to climb approximately 300-350 starirs in order to reach the fort. There is a serene shiv mandir while going up. Most of the fort is in ruins. But the view is amazing....to know more about it. I'd suggest you visit
The the fort is quite good but there is nothing to explore. You can click some cool pics in evening sunlight.
Historical place, must visit, ASI also maintaining properly. Above all you will love the approach stairs and surrounding. Not a crowded place. Best for family and friend picnic or visit. Arrange drinking water and food if planned for stay of longer duration.
Historic place near right in the middle of jabalpur. It's a very high point on the hill range. A fort like structure is present on the top.
All QuestionsMadan mahal fort
- Waterville Town Clerk
- Montgomery Covered Bridge
- Church St Covered Bridge
- Waterville Union Church
- Cabin Creek Battlefield
- First Christian Church
- Big Cabin Baptist Church
- Utopia Southern Baptist Church
- Grand Isle Airport
- Superior Ice Climbing Adventures
- Carney Legion Hall
- Rowley Motorsports
- Norton Boatworks
- Peace Lutheran Church