Marble Rocks, JabalpurCurrently Open [Closes at 08:30 pm]
- Address: Bheda Ghat, Madhya Pradesh, Jabalpur, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 08:30 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 300 INR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Water Body, River, Observatory, Family And Kids, Adventure, Nature
About Marble Rocks, Jabalpur
On its course, River Narmada cuts a narrow gorge and forms marble rocks on either side, which rise to a height of 100 ft or so. It is an awesome place and keeps you mystified and breathless with its beauty and serene surroundings. A boat ride through these marble rocks is sure to give you one of the best experiences in life. It was said that once these two mountains of marble rocks were so close together that monkeys could easily jump from one mountain to the other. But with time, these mountains drifted apart and now there is a width of 3 km between the two mountains. The point where the two mountains are closest to each other is called ‘Bandar Kundee’.
The boatman accompanying you will provide a lot of stories and legends connected with the rock formation. He makes your ride a memorable one with lots of wits and funny jokes. Although these marbles are mainly white in colour, there are also marbles that are blue, brown and black in colour. A ride through the river in a moonlight night is sure to take your breath away with excitement. At night these marbles glitter like diamonds in the silvery light of the moon. This, accompanied with the soft blabbering of the boatman in the still night and the water of the river flowing without a murmur, is an experience that words cannot express. It is only to be experienced.
The boatman also shows you many rock formations that resemble the foot of an elephant, horns of a cow and so on. During the day time the marble glistens brightly offering a treat to the eyes. The water of the River Narmada is very deep at places and after flowing in total silence for a long way, it falls down as Dhuandhar Falls.
Marble Rocks Information
- Bargain with the boatman and make a deal on boating chares before you step in to the boat.
- Be careful if you have children with you as the water is quite deep at places.
- Beautiful marble formations can be seen on the way.
- Take water and food with you as there are hardly any restaurants nearby.
- Keep a sun hat or umbrella with you as the sunlight is very strong during the afternoon.
- Do not let the boat to get overcrowded.
- During the monsoon time, in the months of June, July, August, September and October, visitors are not offered boat rides as the river is flooded with water and it may be dangerous.
- Taxis and auto rickshaws are available for getting here.
Marble Rocks Ticket Prices
- No tickets needed for children below 5 years of age.
Marble Rocks Opening and Closing Hours
- Ropeway is available from 10:30 am to 06:30 pm.
Restaurants Near Marble Rocks
- Gopala Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jabalpur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jabalpur and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Marble Rocks
95% of people who visit Jabalpur include Marble Rocks in their plan
5 PM - 6 PM
35.41% of people start their Marble Rocks visit around 5 PM - 6 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Marble Rocks
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Marble Rocks
Marble Rocks, Jabalpur Reviews
Owned by MP Tourism and had a beautiful view of The Narmada River. Staff is good and place is clean and big. Swimming pool needs improvements as per it's price per night. Little more improvements like, they can add welcome tea.
The location is good. The room (no1) needs maintenance. The big windows facing the verandah have very first curtains and give no privacy. The food is very good and the staff very helpful and polite. The manager gave us very good guidance
One of the best place to stay.The staff are well mannered,helps the tourists giving right advises.A curio stall is there from where you can purchase idols made of marble stones.it is cheaper than that in open market.boating in river Narmada through marble rock is life time achievement especially in full moon.
Very good property. View is very good. Food is ok can improve. Staff attitude can improve.
Great location and nice property. There are options of cottages and rooms, we opted for cottages but felt that rooms are equally good. Food was tasty and homely.