Pisanhari Ki MadiyaCurrently Open [Closes at 09:00 pm]
Located on top of a small hill of about 300 ft in height, this is a beautiful temple of the Jains, attracting tourists and pilgrims with its architectural beauty and splendour. Instead of a single temple, it is a temple complex with a number of temples. The legend behind the construction of the temple says that it was built about 500 years ago by an old woman, who collected the money for the construction by grinding flour on a hand driven stone grinder. With her will and dedication she collected enough money to build the temple. Another story is that it was built by a Jain Peshwa of the Gond Rajputs.
The main temple here has two idols, which were established in 1587. They are the oldest idols here and other idols are found in the temples surrounding the main temple. One of the attractions here is the pond called Varni Kund, which was believed to have been dry in the past, but got filled with water after Poojya Ganesh Prasadji Varni visited the place and blessed it. The water of the pond is considered sacred.
Surrounded with plants and trees and located on top of the hill, the temple complex and the surrounding area provide you a peaceful atmosphere where you may spend a lot of time praying or in meditation. You may spend hours together here enjoying the natural beauty. You need at least two to three hours in hand to fully explore the temple and enjoy its beauty.
- There is a flight of steps leading to the temple, which may not be agreeable to those who are aged and physically challenged
- Located 5 km from Jabalpur Bus stand and 8 km from the railway station.
- There are 13 other temples here worth visiting.
- The religious festivals here like Kshamaavaani, Das Lakshan Parva and so on gather a lot of visitors and pilgrims.
- The Dharmasala managed by the temple authorities has 60 spacious rooms that provide accommodation facilities to pilgrims. These rooms are equipped with basic facilities and comforts.
- Visiting the temple early in the morning or late in the evening is more recommendable as it may be very hot during the other times .
- You get cabs, buses and auto rickshaws to reach the temple.
- The temple is situated near Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Medical College in Jabalpur.
- The temple is open on all days of the week.
- Public transport available from Jabalpur bus stand to the temple.
- A number of small tea shops are found near the temple that sells you hot tea, snacks and cool drinks.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jabalpur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jabalpur and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Jabalpur include Pisanhari Ki Madiya in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
48.28% of people start their Pisanhari Ki Madiya visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Pisanhari Ki Madiya
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pisanhari Ki Madiya