Tilwara GhatCurrently Open
- Address: Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh 482003, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Tags: Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Tilwara Ghat is a place that is of great historical and religious importance. A lot of tourists and pilgrims visit the place every day. It was here that the ashes of Mahatma Gandhi were immersed after he was shot dead. So a lot of people visit here to pay homage to the Father of Nation. A Gandhi Smarak is built here to commemorate this event. It was also at this place that the opening session of Tripuri Congress was held in 1936. It took place in a red dome shaped structure and even now you can see the flag of India hoisted here.
Located on the banks of the River Narmada, it is a beautiful place that had abundant natural beauty. Various species of birds with attractive colors adds to the beauty of the place. The Tilwadeshwar temple here, dedicated to Lord Shiva, attracts a lot of pilgrims. It is one of the oldest temples in Jabalpur and noted for its architectural splendour.
Other than Lord Shiva, there are also shrines of other Gods and Goddesses in the temple. Other important temples here are Pisanhari Jain Temples, Mala Devi Mandira, Roopnath Lingam Temple and so on. Narmada is regarded as one of the holy rivers in India and a dip in the water is considered to free you from all sins. So a lot of pilgrims visit the ghat and take a dip in the water before going to pray at the temples nearby.
A visit the ghat and a dip in the pious waters of the river is sure to rejuvenate your mind and soul. Marble Rocks, Bargi Dam, Lamheta Ghat, Parjyat Tank and many other tourist sites are located close to the Tilwara Ghat.
Tilwara Ghat Travel Tips
- Visiting the place early in the morning saves you from the heat of the sun.
- Carry an umbrella or a wide brimmed hat to escape from the sun.
- Many temples are located in the area.
- Carrying of camera and video allowed.
- Do not throw any litter on the place.
- Be careful when you get into the water as at places there may be slippery rocks.
- Be careful if you have children with you.
Tilwara Ghat Hours
- Open on all days of the week.
How to Reach Tilwara Ghat
- Bus stand near the place.
- Food Plaza
- 19th Century
- Asanzose Fast Food Eatery
- Back in Time
- The Dome
- The Verandah
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Jabalpur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jabalpur and book an accommodation of your choice.
38.69% of people who visit Jabalpur include Tilwara Ghat in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
37.93% of people start their Tilwara Ghat visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Tilwara Ghat
91.3% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tilwara Ghat