Visit Jackson Hole - Best of Jackson Hole
Jackson is a quaint town in the Jackson Valley of Teton County, Wyoming, USA. Referred to as Jackson Hole erroneously most of the time, Jackson is the largest town in the Teton County. Famous for the elk antler arches that decorate the whole town, Jackson attracts plenty of curious visitors every year who wish to get a feel of the town's atmosphere. Bounded by the Grand Teton National Park and dense forests on all its sides, Jackson is a hidden gem of a place in Wyoming that is yet to be explored to its fullest.
Adorned by beautiful mountain ranges that get covered in snow during the winters, the town of Jackson offers plenty of snow adventure activities. If you are a lover of snow and adventure activities, then Jackson would come in as a paradise for you. From skiing to paragliding to snowshoeing to hiking to mountaineering, you have plenty of activities in Jackson that will keep you occupied.
Hike along the trails of the Grand Teton National Park and when your legs are sore, take a relaxing bath at the Granite Hot Springs that offers a divine soothing experience. Get friendly with the elks at the National Elk Refuge and get on the sleigh rides inside the faculty. Want to experience the exuberance of the broadway plays right in the middle of the town? Head to the Jackson Hole Playhouse.
Set at a high altitude location, the town experiences drastic day and night temperature fluctuations. And depending on your reason for visit, you can visit the town any time of the year. But the best time to visit Jackson is during the months of April, May, September, and October.
Jackson Hole Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Jackson Hole tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Mountain Standard Time (MST). UTC/GMT -7 hours.
- Currency: Currency used in Jackson is US Dollars (USD).
- Electricity: The standard electrical voltage in Jackson is 120 Volts and 60 Hertz alternating current. The power sockets used are of type A and B. Check your electrical devices for their voltage consumption and use adapters if necessary.
- Internet: Almost all the hotels in Jackson provide free Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Languages: American English is the most widely spoken language in Jackson. Apart from English, Spanish and French are some of the other languages spoken in Jackson.
- Security: General Emergency: 911, Medical Emergency: (307) 733-8002, Police Department: (307) 733-5148, Fire Department: (307) 733-4732.
- Tipping: Tipping is expected in Jackson. It is advisable to tip around 15-20% of the bill.
- Customs: Be on time, because the Americans are very serious about punctuality. And be wary of your surroundings. Cleanliness and hygiene are much expected.
- Be sure to take your hiking shoes and other accessories that would come in handy while indulging in sports activities.
Are you looking for a Jackson Hole travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Jackson Hole Tourist Information
Jackson Hole Itineraries
Jackson Hole Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Jackson Hole
Grand Teton Half Day Tour10 Reviews
Duration: 4 Hrs
Grand Teton National Park in Jackson Hole Wyoming is a must see, even if you only have a few hours to spare. The four hour to...Book Now
Save 7%Yellowstone National Park and Wildlife Small-Group Tour73 Reviews
Duration: 12 Hrs
Explore Yellowstone National Park in search of wildlife on this enclosed vehicle tour with a naturalist guide. In the early m...
Grand Teton National Park Tour from Jackson Hole45 Reviews
Duration: 8 Hrs
Experience the tranquil landscapes of Grand Teton National Park on this easy day trip from Jackson. A must-see Wyoming treasu...Book Now
Yellowstone National Park Tour from Jackson92 Reviews
Duration: 11 Hrs
Enjoy endless views of mountains, geysers, canyons, lakes, rivers and more on this coach tour of Yellowstone National Park fr...Book Now
Popular Hotels in Jackson HoleView all Hotels in Jackson Hole
- Grand Teton National Park Tourism
- Old Faithful Tourism
- Yellowstone National Park Tourism
- Idaho Falls Tourism
- Railroad Summer Home Area Tourism
- Lava Hot Springs Tourism
- Arimo Tourism
- Mcallister Tourism
- Bozeman Tourism
- Hyrum Tourism
- Reed Point Tourism
- Elkhorn Hot Springs Tourism
- Miami Tourism
- Los Angeles Tourism
- New York City Tourism
- Chicago Tourism
- Las Vegas Tourism
- San Francisco Tourism
- Seattle Tourism
- San Jose Tourism
- Saint Louis Tourism
Facts and Stats for Jackson Hole*
Pollution Statistics in Jackson Hole
Know the pollution level of Jackson Hole before you plan your visit.
Water Pollution 50 (Moderate)
Noise and Light Pollution 50 (Moderate)
Unattended dirt and garbage 50 (Moderate)
Drinking Water Pollution and Inaccessibility 50 (Moderate)
Dissatisfaction with Garbage Disposal 50 (Moderate)
Dissatisfaction with Green zones and parks 50 (Moderate)
Jackson Hole: Crime and Safety
How safe is Jackson Hole for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Jackson Hole.
Burglary and Theft 25 (Low)
Corruption and Bribery 25 (Low)
Car Stealing 25 (Low)
Robbery of Car belongings 25 (Low)
Attacks 25 (Low)
Drug offense 25 (Low)
Safety walking alone during daylight 100 (Very High)
Safety walking alone during night 100 (Very High)
Property crimes and Vandalism 25 (Low)
Living in Jackson Hole - Quality of Life
Safety Index 86.76 (Very High)
Climate Index 21.82 (Moderate)
Pollution Index 27.59 (Low)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Jackson Hole
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Jackson Hole
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.1 USD
International Movie per seat 10 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 26.5 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 94.5 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 40 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.