Jackson Hole Tourism
Jackson is a quaint town in the Jackson Valley of Teton County, Wyoming, USA. Referred to as Jackson Hole erroneously most of the time, Jackson is the largest town in the Teton County. Famous for the elk antler arches that decorate the whole town, Jackson attracts plenty of curious visitors every year who wish to get a feel of the town's atmosphere. Bounded by the Grand Teton National Park and dense forests on all its sides, Jackson is a hidden gem of a place in Wyoming that is yet to be explored to its fullest.
Adorned by beautiful mountain ranges that get covered in snow during the winters, the town of Jackson offers plenty of snow adventure activities. If you are a lover of snow and adventure activities, then Jackson would come in as a paradise for you. From skiing to paragliding to snowshoeing to hiking to mountaineering, you have plenty of activities in Jackson that will keep you occupied.
Hike along the trails of the Grand Teton National Park and when your legs are sore, take a relaxing bath at the Granite Hot Springs that offers a divine soothing experience. Get friendly with the elks at the National Elk Refuge and get on the sleigh rides inside the faculty. Want to experience the exuberance of the broadway plays right in the middle of the town? Head to the Jackson Hole Playhouse.
Set at a high altitude location, the town experiences drastic day and night temperature fluctuations. And depending on your reason for visit, you can visit the town any time of the year. But the best time to visit Jackson is during the months of April, May, September, and October.
Essential travel information and Jackson Hole tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Mountain Standard Time (MST). UTC/GMT -7 hours.
- Currency: Currency used in Jackson is US Dollars (USD).
- Electricity: The standard electrical voltage in Jackson is 120 Volts and 60 Hertz alternating current. The power sockets used are of type A and B. Check your electrical devices for their voltage consumption and use adapters if necessary.
- Internet: Almost all the hotels in Jackson provide free Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Languages: American English is the most widely spoken language in Jackson. Apart from English, Spanish and French are some of the other languages spoken in Jackson.
- Security: General Emergency: 911, Medical Emergency: (307) 733-8002, Police Department: (307) 733-5148, Fire Department: (307) 733-4732.
- Tipping: Tipping is expected in Jackson. It is advisable to tip around 15-20% of the bill.
- Customs: Be on time, because the Americans are very serious about punctuality. And be wary of your surroundings. Cleanliness and hygiene are much expected.
- Be sure to take your hiking shoes and other accessories that would come in handy while indulging in sports activities.
Jackson Hole Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Jackson Hole. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Jackson Hole trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Jackson Hole
Save 7%Grand Teton Wildlife Safari in Open-Air Vehicle
4 Hrs108 Reviews
Save 6%Grand Teton Half Day Tour
4 Hrs14 Reviews
Save 10%Yellowstone Old Faithful, Waterfalls and Wildlife Day Tour
12 Hrs87 Reviews
Save 7%Grand Teton National Park Tour from Jackson Hole
8 Hrs46 Reviews
Save 7%Yellowstone National Park Tour from Jackson
11 Hrs96 Reviews
Save 3%Horseback Riding in the Bridger-Teton National Forest
8 Hrs4 Reviews