Jacksonville Zoo And Gardens1936 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 370 Zoo Parkway, Jacksonville, FL 32218, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-9047574463
- Ticket Price: 17 USD
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Wildlife Park, Zoo, Family And Kids
This zoological garden is situated just on the banks of the Trout River. It has become a premiere attraction of the city over the last few years. This zoo was established in the year 1914 and the first animal exhibit was the red deer fawn. The zoo later moved on to the current location in 1925 and the most remarkable animal over so many years was the jaguar that was called by the name of ‘Zorro’. The zoo was after a few years known to have the largest collection of exotic animals in the South east. There is a lot to see over here including the Birds of the Rift Valley Aviary, Great Apes, an expanded train ride, an elephant and breeding complex, River Branch Foundation ANIMAL Medical centre, Stingray Bay, Tuxedo Coast, and the Asian bamboo garden and Komodo dragon exhibit.
You can over here look for-
- River Valley Aviary- This was opened in 1996 and houses a mixture of African, South American and Asian wildlife. The highlight here is the large waterfall which beautifies the surrounding even more. Some birds over here include flamingos, Guinea fowl, storks, hammerkops, Victoria Crowned Pigeon, etc.
- The Plains of East Africa- This place is known to provide a bird’s eye view of the animals of the zoo to its visitors. Nile crocodiles, warthogs, Eastern bongos, wood stork, cheetahs, greater kudus, sitatunga, etc are animals found in here.
- The Elephant Plaza offers a perfect view of the African elephants of the zoo. It is one of the few zoos where you find male elephants. The elephant named Ali was a gift from Michael Jackson in 1997. The Colombus monkeys and leopards are the other animals found here.
- The Great Apes of the World tells you about the primitive species on planet. This includes monkeys, gorillas, bonobos, siamangs, marmosets, lemurs, etc.
- The Range of Jaguar is the part featuring the specialty of this zoo. This is further divided into the Lost Temple, River’s Edge and Emerald Forest Aviary.
- There is also a Children’s Play Park, Asian Bamboo Garden and Komodo Dragon Exhibits.
Jacksonville Zoo And Gardens Travel Tips
- The zoo also hosts various interactive and educative events and conservation programs.
- Magic shows are also organized in the tiger park.
- There is a gift shop within the zoo area.
Entrance Ticket Details For Jacksonville Zoo And Gardens
- $14.95 (seniors 65+), $11.95 (3-12 years).
- Free for children under 2 years.
- There are other package tickets available. Contact the zoo officials and refer to the official website for the details.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Jacksonville before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jacksonville and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Jacksonville include Jacksonville Zoo And Gardens in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
78.99% of people start their Jacksonville Zoo And Gardens visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Jacksonville Zoo And Gardens
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jacksonville Zoo And Gardens
Jacksonville Zoo And Gardens Reviews & Ratings
Family fun. Always love the animals and my son enjoyed it the most! Tickets are reasonably priced, staff was friendly. Had a place when you walk in for the kids to play in the water. Paid to feed the giraffes but they weren't hungry. Refunded our ticket to get the money back. Overall great time!
The exhibits here are very nice and some are really cool with the connecting tunnels expanding where the animals can go. They have the coolest tiger exhibit I've ever saw. Other than that I was pretty disappointed. If you decide to pass on the train like we did once you reach the end of the zoo you will have to walk the whole length back to the entrance so you can leave. By the end we realized what a mistake that was. We found one water fountain the whole time and it didn't hold pressure for very long. We filled one water bottle up before it stopped. There's 6 of us. Unless you want to take your chances filling up in a bathroom sink you'll have to buy bottled water somewhere. It's Florida, it's hot, get more water fountains that work. Knowing all this we'll be more prepared next time since we bought a membership. It's worth it if you have a large family.
It's a lovely zoo!! I wish I took pictures but I was just having fun in the moment!! The animals were adorable and hanging out pretty good in the Florida heat!! You can get so near the giraffes and they were even letting some of the kids feed them...super cute!!! Great day!!
We had an excellent time and the Jacksonville zoo! The grounds were clean and well maintained. We got lucky and most of the animals were very active. For a couple extra bucks we got to feed the rays and the giraffes which was awesome. Lots of fun!
We love this zoo! Very clean, and the animals are so well taken care of compared to others I've been to before. Tons of things to see, and it wasn't as expensive as we thought which is a plus. Definitely going again.