Jacksonville Zoo And GardensCurrently Closed
- Address: 370 Zoo Parkway, Jacksonville, FL 32218, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-9047574463
- Ticket Price: 17 USD
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Wildlife Park, Zoo, Family And Kids
This zoological garden is situated just on the banks of the Trout River. It has become a premiere attraction of the city over the last few years. This zoo was established in the year 1914 and the first animal exhibit was the red deer fawn. The zoo later moved on to the current location in 1925 and the most remarkable animal over so many years was the jaguar that was called by the name of ‘Zorro’. The zoo was after a few years known to have the largest collection of exotic animals in the South east. There is a lot to see over here including the Birds of the Rift Valley Aviary, Great Apes, an expanded train ride, an elephant and breeding complex, River Branch Foundation ANIMAL Medical centre, Stingray Bay, Tuxedo Coast, and the Asian bamboo garden and Komodo dragon exhibit.
You can over here look for-
- River Valley Aviary- This was opened in 1996 and houses a mixture of African, South American and Asian wildlife. The highlight here is the large waterfall which beautifies the surrounding even more. Some birds over here include flamingos, Guinea fowl, storks, hammerkops, Victoria Crowned Pigeon, etc.
- The Plains of East Africa- This place is known to provide a bird’s eye view of the animals of the zoo to its visitors. Nile crocodiles, warthogs, Eastern bongos, wood stork, cheetahs, greater kudus, sitatunga, etc are animals found in here.
- The Elephant Plaza offers a perfect view of the African elephants of the zoo. It is one of the few zoos where you find male elephants. The elephant named Ali was a gift from Michael Jackson in 1997. The Colombus monkeys and leopards are the other animals found here.
- The Great Apes of the World tells you about the primitive species on planet. This includes monkeys, gorillas, bonobos, siamangs, marmosets, lemurs, etc.
- The Range of Jaguar is the part featuring the specialty of this zoo. This is further divided into the Lost Temple, River’s Edge and Emerald Forest Aviary.
- There is also a Children’s Play Park, Asian Bamboo Garden and Komodo Dragon Exhibits.
- The zoo also hosts various interactive and educative events and conservation programs.
- Magic shows are also organized in the tiger park.
- There is a gift shop within the zoo area.
- $14.95 (seniors 65+), $11.95 (3-12 years).
- Free for children under 2 years.
- There are other package tickets available. Contact the zoo officials and refer to the official website for the details.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jacksonville before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jacksonville and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Jacksonville include Jacksonville Zoo And Gardens in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
78.99% of people start their Jacksonville Zoo And Gardens visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Jacksonville Zoo And Gardens
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jacksonville Zoo And Gardens
I love this zoo!! The new chimp exhibit is awesome. I was feet from a mother and it's baby that were in an outdoor enclosure. It was fantastic. We fed the giraffes. There was a little bit of a line but it moved very quickly and it was inexpensive to do. The train is one of my favorite things. Everyone gets a break and you get a view of the zoo that you cant see unless you take the train. The tiger attraction may be my favorite. You are so close to them through glass or netting depending on where you are. They even walk and play above you. There is an air-conditioned room with seats for a cool down and break. Great picnic area to the left of the parking lot where you can have a birthday party or just bring your lunch
A completely fantastic family experience. The animals are well maintained, clearly loved, and seem content. The staff is exceedingly knowledgeable and is willing to stop and talk about animals. They'll give you back story, the animal's culture, behaviors, and the best times to see them.they recently expanded the Zoo as well. The expansion is marvelously done. Please, take a day to go. It will be rewarding
We love this place! Even on busy weekends, it is never crazy. My 3 year old can't get enough of this zoo. I love that they have ample amount of free parking and we were able to bring our own snacks for our daughter with no issues. There are plenty of cute little areas/benches were you can sit down and eat your food. Definitely worth going back time after time.
Love the built features and how much energy they put into making this beautiful experience. A few areas that could be better are a few of the pens could be bigger or upgraded - - I'm speaking from a non-professional perspective, of course, but it seemed that the Zebra and Florida panther, for example, needed more room or mental stimulation. And there could be a few more healthy food choices. But other than that, it is definitely one of the best zoos I've been to.
Great trip! Second time going and it was a great experience for kids and adults alike. The train ride was easy going but the conductor giving the verbal tour was kind of fast and it was hard to hear over her intercom of you sat in the back. Otherwise good trip