Jacksonville Zoo And Gardens, Jacksonville
About Jacksonville Zoo And Gardens, Jacksonville
Jacksonville Zoo And Gardens, Jacksonville - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 370 Zoo Parkway, Jacksonville, FL 32218, United States
Ticket Price: 17 USD
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 17.1K times in trip plans
Wildlife Park, Zoo, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This zoological garden is situated just on the banks of the Trout River. It has become a premiere attraction of the city over the last few years. This zoo was established in the year 1914 and the first animal exhibit was the red deer fawn. The zoo later moved on to the current location in 1925 and the most remarkable animal over so many years was the jaguar that was called by the name of ‘Zorro’. The zoo was after a few years known to have the largest collection of exotic animals in the South east. There is a lot to see over here including the Birds of the Rift Valley Aviary, Great Apes, an expanded train ride, an elephant and breeding complex, River Branch Foundation ANIMAL Medical centre, Stingray Bay, Tuxedo Coast, and the Asian bamboo garden and Komodo dragon exhibit.
You can over here look for-
- River Valley Aviary- This was opened in 1996 and houses a mixture of African, South American and Asian wildlife. The highlight here is the large waterfall which beautifies the surrounding even more. Some birds over here include flamingos, Guinea fowl, storks, hammerkops, Victoria Crowned Pigeon, etc.
- The Plains of East Africa- This place is known to provide a bird’s eye view of the animals of the zoo to its visitors. Nile crocodiles, warthogs, Eastern bongos, wood stork, cheetahs, greater kudus, sitatunga, etc are animals found in here.
- The Elephant Plaza offers a perfect view of the African elephants of the zoo. It is one of the few zoos where you find male elephants. The elephant named Ali was a gift from Michael Jackson in 1997. The Colombus monkeys and leopards are the other animals found here.
- The Great Apes of the World tells you about the primitive species on planet. This includes monkeys, gorillas, bonobos, siamangs, marmosets, lemurs, etc.
- The Range of Jaguar is the part featuring the specialty of this zoo. This is further divided into the Lost Temple, River’s Edge and Emerald Forest Aviary.
- There is also a Children’s Play Park, Asian Bamboo Garden and Komodo Dragon Exhibits.
Jacksonville Zoo And Gardens Information
- The zoo also hosts various interactive and educative events and conservation programs.
- Magic shows are also organized in the tiger park.
- There is a gift shop within the zoo area.
Jacksonville Zoo And Gardens Ticket Prices
- $14.95 (seniors 65+), $11.95 (3-12 years).
- Free for children under 2 years.
- There are other package tickets available. Contact the zoo officials and refer to the official website for the details.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jacksonville before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jacksonville and book an accommodation of your choice.
Jacksonville Zoo And Gardens, Jacksonville Reviews - Write a Review
I took my 14 month-old baby and 5 year-old to the zoo this past weekend. I wasn't aware of the November kids free visit so the zoo was very busy and the parking was packed. We didn't have to wait long to get our tickets so that was nice. The tickets were $17.99 for general admission and $25.99 for the train rides and other stuff. Kids under 3 are free and $12.99 for older ones. The entrance didn't have any decorations so we didn't even bother taking any photos. After walking around, looking at the animals, we've noticed 2 females (one with pinkish/purple hair) and a male were smoking cigarettes the entire time, even with their children around. Since we were walking right behind them, we had to endure the smoke the whole time and that was very UNPLEASANT. I was very surprised to see these individuals were smoking not only around their children but other people's children as well as the animals at the Zoo. I'm not sure if the zoo has a no smoking policy or not but I truly believe that there should be one. I saw a few guards and workers there but they didn't say anything to these smokers. I did enjoy the Asian garden, the beautiful bamboo trees and the sting rays. However, I will not be returning unless management does something about these Smokers at the zoo. Because I definitely don't want my kids to inhale cigarettes smoke while trying to enjoy nature. Thanks!!!
I had my wedding reception at the Giraffe Loop and the Range of the Jaguar and it was an amazing experience. My reception was the weekend after hurricane Irma hit Florida, so needless to say we were a little worried about how this venue was going to look post-hurricane. They had the zoo cleaned up and perfect for us! It was amazing what they were able to do in such a short amount of time. Christine took care of all of my needs and made the experience an easy one. It was flawless, and I know she worked really hard to make it that way and to make sure I did not stress about anything. I would definitely recommend the zoo for an interesting, fun wedding reception experience! And the food is awesome too :)
Absolutely loved our visit! The zoo is very well laid out and it is easy to go from exhibit to exhibit. We don't have kids but it would definitely be a great experience for kids too! Saw many different animals and we loved the loreekeet (spelling?) exhibit, you NEED to buy a cup of nectar and feed them it is super fun!
Amazing value. If you have young kids and live in Jacksonville, you need to get an annual membership here. So much to do. Animal exhibits always being upgraded, kids love the splash park and playground. Probably our favorite family activity.
Sting Ray Bay was totally worth the minimal extra charge. The grounds of the zoo are well kept. The introduction to flora was instructional and beautiful. Every zoo personnel I interacted with was knowledgeable and friendly. Although we only stayed for 3 hours my 6 year old son and I had lots of fun.
- Nearby Attractions
- Thomas Jefferson Park
- Mandarin Park
- Ecomotion Walking Tours
- Chuck Rogers Park
- Theodore Roosevelt Area At Timucuan Preserve
- Terrace Park
- Hyde Park Golf Club
- Caribe Royale Orlando
- Amtrak Station - Jax
- Knights Inn Jacksonville Downtown
- Jacksonville Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Jacksonville
- What to See in 48 Hours in Jacksonville
- What to See in 72 Hours in Jacksonville
- How to Spend 5 Days in Jacksonville
- How to Spend 6 Days in Jacksonville
- How to Spend 7 Days in Jacksonville