Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park267 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: 500 Wonderwood Dr, Atlantic Beach, FL 32233, United States, 32233, Jacksonville
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-9042494700
- Fax: +1-9042478688
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Water Body, Park, Wildlife Park, Hiking Trail, Biking Trail, Walking Area, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Lake, Boating, Nature, Landmarks, Parks
This is a public beach city park that consists of coastal hammock. It is very rare over here in the heavy Atlantic beaches. A part of this park was initially known as the Manhattan Park which was the 1st park of the Afro- Americans. This beach was formed around the start of the 20th century by the Blacks who worked in the Florida East Coast Railway.
The park has quite a lot to offer including-
- Offroad Bike Trails with challenging terrains for the rough bikers.
- Nestled wood campsites for camping.
- The Dolphin Plaza has a perfect view of the surf and the waves.
- The Freshwater Lake is perfect for fishing, kayaking, paddle-boating, and canoeing. The place also has picnic tables and grills.
- There is a visitor center, shuffleboard and volleyball courts.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Jacksonville before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jacksonville and book an accommodation of your choice.
26.97% of people who visit Jacksonville include Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park in their plan
25% of people start their Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park visit around 3 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park