Little Talbot Island State Park, Jacksonville
About Little Talbot Island State Park, Jacksonville
Little Talbot Island State Park, Jacksonville - Address, Phone Number
Address: 12157 Heckscher Dr, Jacksonville, FL 32226, United States
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 6.4K times in trip plans
Beach, Island, Walking Area, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Little Talbot Island is located on the north east of Jacksonville and covers a large area. The park contains maritime forests, dunes and salt marshes all in the same place. The wildlife here includes river otters, marsh rabbits, bobcats and other native migratory birds. You can come here for a number of activities such as camping, fishing, hiking, swimming, canoeing, nature watching and surfing.
Little Talbot Island State Park Information
- There are camping and picnic facilities available here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jacksonville before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jacksonville and book an accommodation of your choice.
Little Talbot Island State Park, Jacksonville Reviews - Write a Review
Beautiful place. Great camping or just for a shirt visit. Trails are unique. Beach is seldom crowded. Good for "getting away from it all".
Had a blast.. 2nd time camping here for a week.. Didn't want to leave.. The family loved it.. Will definitely return.
Part of a series of coastal parks with beaches, Little Talbot strikes a great balance between natural and accessible development. Less known than it's larger brother just north, Little Talbot has a more traditional beach. There are pavilions with charcoal grilles, restrooms, changing rooms, and outdoor showers. Bike and walking trails wrap through the island park. A great place to spend the day.
Very clean and family friendly. Beautiful beach and it's not over crowded. Parking is a breeze and there's always really nice people enjoying the sun! We absolutely love this place!
Beautuful campsites. Beach right across A1A. Really nice bike trails around here.
- Nearby Attractions
- Edward Waters College
- Kingsley Plantation
- Doubletree By Hilton Hotel Jacksonville Riverfront
- Selva Marina Country Club
- Prime F. Osborn Convention Center
- Fort Caroline National Memorial
- Times-Union Center For The Performing Arts
- Jacksonville Ice And Sportsplex
- Ritz Theatre & LaVilla Museum
- Jacksonville Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Jacksonville
- What to See in 48 Hours in Jacksonville
- What to See in 72 Hours in Jacksonville
- How to Spend 5 Days in Jacksonville
- How to Spend 6 Days in Jacksonville
- How to Spend 7 Days in Jacksonville